Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Workaround for requiring different R3D decode settings for same clip in timeline?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mel MatsuokaWorkaround for requiring different R3D decode settings for same clip in timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 5:22:51 am

I'm working on a project shot on RED, and the original footage was shot as really long takes.

On some of the shots, the lighting and exposure changes quite drastically, and I want to set a different ISO setting for different parts of the clip, which was edited into different places in the final edit.

In R9, if I change any of the R3D decode parameters on one clip instance, the changes will ripple into the settings for the other clip instances, which ruins those grades, even if I created those grades as separate Versions.

I know this is probably an edge case as far as R3D workflow is concerned, but it's causing me huge headaches for this particular job, and I'd be interested in hearing how other people are working around this in Resolve 9?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sascha HaberRe: Workaround for requiring different R3D decode settings for same clip in timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 6:15:43 am

Well, i generally convert my Red to Rec709/Redlogfilm and take it from there.
But if you want to keep it native, the no brainier is duplicating the file on a disk level and work with both.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.01 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage nerd
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rohit GuptaRe: Workaround for requiring different R3D decode settings for same clip in timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 7:24:33 am

There is a checkbox in the Camera RAW section to store the Red decode settings with the version. This should let you have different Red settings for each version of the grade.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Mel MatsuokaRe: Workaround for requiring different R3D decode settings for same clip in timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:11:08 pm

[Rohit Gupta] "There is a checkbox in the Camera RAW section to store the Red decode settings with the version. This should let you have different Red settings for each version of the grade."

Ah, that's awesome. Amazing how you can totally overlook something that's right in front of your face all day long!

Thanks Rohit.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]