Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Reolve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul TraynorReolve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 9:05:27 am

Hi all,

We have a Mac Pro (Early 2009) that we are evaluating Resolve on. Ahead of purchasing the full software we have purchased a Quadro 4000 to run Lite on and see how it performs.

After installing the Quadro everything seemed to be running normally - getting great playback speeds etc - until today. Starting a new project, I went to add my external drive in the Media Storage Volumes window to be met with the spinning beach ball of death.

Left it for a while, but 15 minutes later it was still spinning. Couldn't force quit or switch to other programs, so had to force shut-down the machine.

Re-booted, repaired disk permissions, have un-installed and re-installed Resolve Lite to no avail. Still all I get is the spinning ball of death. If upgrading to the full version may fix this error I would do it - but it's a pricey bug fix...

Just for info on the machine specs:

Mac Pro Early 2009 - 2 x 2.66 Quad Core
OSX 10.7.4
32GB Ram
GFX1 - Quadro 4000
GFX 2 - GeForce 8800 GT

If you can offer any suggestions - thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pepijn KlijsRe: olve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:50:50 am

How is your ext drive formatted?

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul TraynorResolve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 11:12:49 am

I don't think that seems to matter - it hangs even if no drive is mounted on the machine and I want to select a local drive. As soon as I hit the + button, it brings up a finder window and instantly freezes.

But to answer the question, it is a 2TB G-Drive formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

P

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pepijn KlijsRe: solve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 12:14:40 pm

I had an issue with accesing a soft raid thru macdrive in windows, thats why I asked, but you're right, it's not a format ossue clearly.

Sorry man, I can't think of any usedull advice.

Good luck!

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Johnathan ThrobinsRe: solve Lite - Freezes when attempting to ad to Media Storage Volumes
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 2:18:07 am

I have the same problem with my internal soft RAID, it seems to be only on my raid, and sometimes it beach balls temporarily, and sometimes complete lockup. It has no problems accessing the files on the RAID at full speed, but locks up when I click on the raid in the Library window before displaying directory tree. Did you ever come across any fixes?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]