Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Unable to restore database

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mike HalperUnable to restore database
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 10:14:06 pm

I'm moving to a new computer and am having trouble restoring the database I backed up on the old computer.

I used Database Manager on the old computer and backed up the database to the file Local_DB.resolve.backup. I then copied that file to the desktop on the new computer. I opened Resolve, went to Database Manager, and clicked on Restore. It brings up a window to create a new database. I've tried various labels, names, and users, and every time I get an error that says "Failed to restore database: Failed to create database: database unnamed already exists". "unnamed" is whatever I set the "DB Name" field to.

I even tried deleting/disconnecting the default Local_DB database that was there and created a generic database to replace it and still cannot restore. The manual says hardly anything about database backup and restore, but makes it sound like Resolve is supposed to restore the backup database with all the same name and settings, but it doesn't seem to be working.

How do I get this to work?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Juan SalvoRe: Unable to restore database
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 11:17:57 pm

Give the database a new name when you go to restore it, lets call it "Mikes_Restore". After restoring the old database, you should see "Mikes_Restore" on the list of available databases, select that and connect to it. You can now delete the other databases to avoid confusion. Hopefully that makes sense, and helps.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike HalperRe: Unable to restore database
by on Jul 15, 2012 at 12:08:12 am

Thanks for replying. It's working now, though I'm not sure why since that's basically what I was doing. I did restart the computer, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]