Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

720p 29.97 render issue?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
andrew smith720p 29.97 render issue?
by on May 4, 2012 at 1:51:01 am

I sent a fcp 720p 29.97 project to DaVinci via xml - originally shot on an iphone transcoded to ProRes for editing in fcp and everything looked fine in DaVinci during grade. When i try to render i only have 23.98 or 24 as frame rate options - my project is set to the default 720p and my output monitoring is set to 720p59.94 as there is no 29.97 setting as far as i can tell.

What am i missing here?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anish PrithvirajRe: 720p 29.97 render issue?
by on May 4, 2012 at 11:21:21 am

Andrew,

On the config page, what is the frame rate set as under the Timeline conform options? This should have been set during the import (if you selected automatically set project settings) and should be at 30.

Anish

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

andrew smithRe: 720p 29.97 render issue?
by on May 4, 2012 at 2:59:14 pm

Yes it is set to 30 but maybe i will try to re-import the xml and un-check that option and set myself? looks like that doesn't help so i am not sure why i can only set render to 23.98 / 24 ?!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David PowellRe: 720p 29.97 render issue?
by on May 5, 2012 at 1:31:48 am

I have a similar issue going. I did a scene cut of a flat movie. The file was shot at 59.94. Final cut read it that way and avid read it at 29.97. I'm pretty sure I split it at the wrong framerate. Is there a way to fix this? And should I split at 30?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]