Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Gallery Refs show black?!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roman HankewyczGallery Refs show black?!
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:00:44 pm

All of the sudden I can't load any gallery refs. Meaning they exist in the gallery and I can export them out of Resolve, but when I try to view them they show up as a black screen. Furthermore, if I activate the wipe and then cycle through the "ref modes" the image doesn't update when I get to "gallery," it remains the same as the previous mode (timeline mode).

I tried creating a new project and everything worked fine, leading me to believe I may have an incorrect setting or I have some sort of weird project corruption. Thing is that I can't bare recreating the project at this point. Any ideas?

Thank you,

roman hankewycz
harbor film company // colorist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

alex BickelRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:17:23 pm

this has happened to me before. I did an export + and then re-imported it as a new project. then captured new stills. You may even be able to go into gallery and drag the old ones over, i forget.

if the export + method doesn't work, export and xml, make a new proj then color trace.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gabriele TurchiRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 3:19:38 pm

probably the directory set up for the stills gallery has been changed or removed (so it cannot find the source (still file )

g

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX470
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma
Ultrascope

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roman HankewyczRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 4:06:58 pm

Alex,
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried the export+/import+ idea and it didn't solve the issue.
It would be one thing if I didn't have access to my old stills but I can't even view new ones I grab.

I also tried doing the XML thing but this is an avid originated project and when importing the XML I get a an error about some effects that aren't found.

roman hankewycz
harbor picture company // colorist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roman HankewyczRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 10:15:42 pm

It's a puzzling issue. I had to proceed with the project without using the reference gallery but since finishing the job I've done a lot of troubleshooting to no avail. The problem is restricted only to this project and it's copies. New projects, other existing projects and early versions of the problem project, all work fine.

I checked my still directory and it hasn't changed from the beginning.

I reached out to BMD and will report when I hear back.

Thanks,

roman hankewycz
harbor picture company // colorist

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon DobsonRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on May 3, 2012 at 8:09:50 am

Have you heard anything back from BMD? I have been having this same problem on and off for months on Resolve for Mac. Seems to do it to random projects even though they have the same settings as all the others that work perfectly.
Cheers,
Jon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Anish PrithvirajRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on May 29, 2012 at 7:56:15 am

Roman/Jon,

Could you check if your stereoscopic right or left eye are enabled on the projects where you see this issue. If it is and you disable it, does it fix the problem?

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon DobsonRe: Gallery Refs show black?!
by on May 31, 2012 at 10:09:25 am

Yep, somehow the session was selected to left eye...

That's solved the issue, thanks!

Jon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]