Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Reconforming with grade version intact -A SOLUTION

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
michael stirlingReconforming with grade version intact -A SOLUTION
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:15:24 pm

Hi

I'm bumping this solution to the top as it has just saved me about 4 days work.

Problem:

When bringing in a new xml which is a reconform of a current timeline any clips that have multiple grade versions will default to version 1 rather than the current version you are using.

Solution:

In the Color Page of the old conform right click in the timeline and select Batch Copy
In the Color Page of the reconform right click in the timeline and select Batch Unlink then Batch Link.

The grade versions in the reconform should now correspond to your original choices.

Thanks for this method go to Toby Tomkins

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Toby TomkinsRe: conforming with grade version intact -A SOLUTION
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 3:41:47 pm

Remember to duplicate (save as) the project beforehand just in case!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Patrick WoodardRe: conforming with grade version intact -A SOLUTION
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:18:13 pm

A solution to this issue is at the top of my feature requests. I tried this process and don't seen to get the results I wanted. Common source clips seem to get the same version number.

Patrick Woodard

http://www.patrickwoodard.me

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael stirlingRe: conforming with grade version intact -NOT A SOLUTION
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 10:10:10 am

Hi Patrick,

You are right - sorry I was over enthusiast and had just applied it too my real world problem of a whole reel of a feature which seemed to look like a solution. As I'm up against it timewise I didn't stop to test as rigourously as I should.

After your post I've done more testing in a much more simple session and have a better understanding of what happens - the method outlined above will as you say apply the last grade version selected of any given source clip to all instances of that source clip. It is clear why this happens as it is copying the highlighted remote grade, it just isn't particularly useful.

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Toby TomkinsRe: conforming with grade version intact -NOT A SOLUTION
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 10:17:12 am

The method still works though as long as you
Only do step one, to get linking back you can use groups instead. So batch copy the old conform, import new conform and everything should have the correct grade version but alas won't be linked to the same takes.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael stirlingRe: conforming with grade version intact -NOT A SOLUTION
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:10:58 am

I can't make that work,

everything has the last grade of that source clip

Here's my test method:

1 clip cut into 6 parts A,B,C,D,E,F as the conform.
I create 3 grading versions and apply them like so:
A1 B2 C3 D1 E2 F3

The reconform is the same clip edited in a timeline like so A, D, B, E, C, F
So if the correct grade versions could pass from one session to the other the same grade version would now be next to each other 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3

But the timeline comes in all with grade 1. Any other method of using Batch just gives all with grade 3 as that was the last one applied in the old session.

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael stirlingI think it works this time!
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:39:16 am

Hi

Here is a workflow that I've tested and succeeded on the above test session and another test session with 2 source clips cut into 6 with 3 grading versions each.

In original project (a copy for safety of course) Batch Copy the session timeline you wish to reconform then Save

In a new project Load new conform, Batch Unlink then in the Conform page Color Trace from the original Project and Session.

It's working so far - going to test some reel world projects now

M

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Toby TomkinsRe: I think it works this time!
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:45:22 am

Yup, that's it! I can't believe I forgot I used Colortrace! That is indeed the method I used! Sorry! (-;

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

michael stirlingRe: I think it works this time!
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:51:07 am

No worries Toby - your beer is still safe ;-)

I would have probably given up if you hadn't have seemed so certain that you done it

Cheers

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]