Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

AVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steve MacMillanAVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 5:17:33 pm

I have an Avid (Mac MC6) project that I have relinked to Alexa ProRes 4444 files via AMA.
Everything is good in Media Composer.

I have created an AAF with AAF Edit Protocol enabled for AMA support.

In Resolve (Mac 8.11) I have loaded all of my original ProRes files into the Media Pool.
I open the AAF and disable the Automatically import source clips into the media pool.

This opens the sequence in Resolve, and everything reconnects and looks good except that every edit with a dissolve gets pushed by the outgoing length of any cross dissolves.

So if I have clip 1 that is exactly 10 seconds in duration with a centered 24 frame cross dissolve into clip 2. Clip 2 now starts at 10 seconds 12 frames in the Resolve timeline.

Is this a known issue with AAF?

STeve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph OwensRe: AVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 7:02:22 pm

Hard to say. Sounds like a kind of handle confusion. For awhile I was getting doubled up fillers at commercial slug breaks, but it was because there was also a text generator imbedded, and so the text generator was added on V1 as a serial stream media clip. Interestingly, at least to me, the AAF reconstructed in exactly the same way (double duration) when opened in Premiere.

And so exactly why are you not simply importing the AAF and allowing the Conform dialog to import the media?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael PhillipsRe: AVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue
by on Feb 26, 2012 at 7:09:56 pm

Does an EDL behave the same way?

Michael

Michael Phillips

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve MacMillanRe: AVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:11:44 am

Thanks,

I will run a test with an EDL, and the direct import of media thru the AAF.

It is important that I preserve the resizes and reframing going into Resolve that was a big part of the offline. I'm thinking I lose that with the EDL, not to mention some clip stacks, and composites.

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rohit GuptaRe: AVID AAF to Resolve, dissolve issue
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:47:32 am

Hi Steve,

Could you please send us the AAF at davincihelp (at) blackmagic-design.com so we can check this? Please let us know around what record timecode this issue happens.

Thanks,
Rohit
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]