Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Ideas for literally showing a "named document" in a corporate film...?

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Astrid KarlssonIdeas for literally showing a "named document" in a corporate film...?
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:26:28 pm

Hello.

Very dry this, as I am currently in corporate-land video editing, but I have to show *something* when the relevant document is mentioned... so I was wondering if anyone else had some ideas for presenting the document?

I've made a digital PDF into layered image files, popped on a drop shadow, and had a very slow scale up, over a gaussian blur'd background video, which is nicer as at least something is moving...

Any other ideas? I am only Premiere/FCP really and my After Effects is limited.

Cheers
~Astrid

MBP 2.2 GHz intel core duo/ 6 GB RAM /GeForce 8600M GT
Mac Pro 2.8 Quad / Nvidia Quadro 4000 / 12 GB RAM / OSX 10.7

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Ideas for literally showing a "named document" in a corporate film...?
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:04:28 pm

You know who's good at this, is the editing team at 60 Minutes, as well as 20/20, and those other shows of that kind, worth watching to see their various techniques. Often you'll see the an establisher of a huge bound volume, then the relevant document will fly in with curling edges that straighten out, and then a relevant "pull quote" or the title of the doc will come up in a close-up layer over the top of the document. Sometimes they give the matte for this a torn paper edge look, sometimes its all just highlighted boxes. generallym, the idea is to somehow break out and magnify the title or the couple of sentences.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Ideas for literally showing a "named document" in a corporate film...?
by on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:13:36 pm

In addition to what Mark said, take a look at the very beginning of this video where you see news paper head lines.

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/ccs-pinky

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy