Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

New system new work flows

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roy SchneiderNew system new work flows
by on Dec 26, 2007 at 9:40:41 pm

Hi All:
This is one of those posts that can be placed either here or in the FCP forum, I chose here because it really concerns work flows as opposed to Software issues. So away we go.

I work for a large regional sports network that decided to go from years of Avid to Final Cut Pro. With this change brings both good and bad issues. After working with Final Cut Pro a few weeks I noticed titling to be an issue. We do a spot and tag it 15 times for different markets and days. Just wondering what work flows some of you use for this type of work.

Thanks for your input.
Roy Schneider

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinner hesterRe: New system new work flows
by on Dec 27, 2007 at 4:45:53 am

It's prolly quickest to just prebuild your tag graphics in photoshop. Upi'll find you'll often build kind of a library... "Tuesday at 7 Easter,... Thursday at 7 Eastern," ect.
Coming from Avid your prolly use to having it open constantly anyway. You can save any DVE moves for your tags then just copy/paiste each spot and drop in the new grafik/vo.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: New system new work flows
by on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:32:54 pm

I think Adam Wilt or more likely Jim Feely mentioned a handy plug-in utility in one of the trade mags that will automatically update your graphics for you instantly, when you modify one master template. It's the kind of thing that's perfect for updating box scores and election results graphics, that sort of thing. I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on the name of the product right now....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt DoeRe: New system new work flows
by on Dec 28, 2007 at 10:10:51 pm

I vaguely remember seeing a video podcast a while back regarding the use of XML with FCP as a way to import data from a spreadsheet to automatically update lower thirds, or maybe it was within Cinema 4D.

Sadly I cannot remember, but you may want to take a look at the XML back end of final cut, I know it can do some nifty things.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Arnie SchlisselRe: New system new work flows
by on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:42:53 pm

You might want to check out Traffic: http://www.xmedit.com/

I would also recommend you use the Title 3D generator instead of the plain titler. It's vector based, and gives you much more control with less aliasing.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

lightning adRe: New system new work flows
by on Jan 9, 2008 at 1:55:02 am

i seem to remember one of the new features included with FCP2 was the ability to create your graphic tags in Motion and have them drop into fcp projects really easy, and there was mention of a method of doing exactly what you asked for.

Its something i also need to look into but as i have been so busy dropping tags on commercials i haven't had time to check it out. So i might also have just imagined it!

adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]