Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Failed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini

COW Forums : AJA Ki Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steve CocklinFailed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:54:35 pm

I’ve been trying to consolidate MXF DNxHD files from the KPM in Avid MC 6. I assume the DNxHD MXF to be the OP-1A MXF files from the Ki Pro's just released 4.0 upgrade which includes DNxHD along with ProRes.

What I learned about the OP-1A (Operational Pattern 1a) is that the Ki Pro records the encoded files along with sound and Meta Data into one DNxHD MXF container.

Avid’s DNxHD MXF format uses OP-ATOM which records picture and sound in separate MXF containers.

I believe Convergent Design’s recorder uses the OP-1A format also Arri Alexia uses the same format. I have been having problems consolidating the linked AJA KPM files. Sometimes they consolidate and other-times they don’t. I get a message saying all clips were skipped, See console for details. To consolidate these clips please transcode them to native compression type first.

The console message is; the consolidation operation was skipped because it is a foreign compression type.

Is this normal for those working with these types of files? Have I missed something, an improper setting perhaps?
The details of the files and my project setting are as follows;

Avid MC 6.01
Project setting is 1080p/23.976, YCbCR 709
Ki Pro Mini settings are, DNxHD 220x (there is no DNxHD 175x setup on the KPM) 23.98PsF

When I link the files they come in as DNxHD 175x (HD 1080p) video files and play perfectly in the composer window. Also these linked files trans-code perfectly.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: Failed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:14:16 pm

As of firmware version 4.0, the Ki Pro Mini adds support for encoding to Avid DNxHD via QuickTime Movie files. Your workflow, as stated in your post, references MXF files which the Ki Pro Mini does not currently support. To work with the DNxHD QuickTime Movie files generated by the Ki Pro Mini, AJA recommends using Avid's AMA support. This information is supplied, alongside the firmware update file, in a Release Notes PDF.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email. They will be happy to help.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve CocklinRe: Failed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:41:02 pm

Sorry I thought I said it in my post, I am linking the files using AMA but once linked they will not consolidate. Here is what I said in the original post; "I have been having problems consolidating the linked AJA KPM files."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Loic de LameRe: Failed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini
by on Jun 5, 2012 at 5:45:47 pm

Funny thing is I'm having this problem now too!!

Anyone have a solution? Pretty desperate to not have to transcode as it looks like it will take ffffooooorrrreeeeevvvveeeeerrrr.......

Aaaaahhhhhh technology...

~ Loïc

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Loic de LameRe: Failed consolidation in Avid MC6 from MXF files on the Ki Pro Mini
by on Jun 5, 2012 at 6:43:15 pm

And just tried doing an import rather than AMA and then Consolidate. Avid is successful in doing a fast import, so there's the solution.

Ssssooo....operator error?

~ Loïc

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]