Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

How to show a 3D reel at trade show?

COW Forums : Stereoscopic 3D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Peter KraghHow to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:16:47 am

I'm possibly shooting a short 3D destination promo with the Panasonic 3DA1. My editor is unsure of what is the best (easiest) way to for the client to show this video at trade shows.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Peter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jmichaelRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 3:26:34 pm

Why don't you do it in anaglyph and hand out glasses printed with your contact info or website?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter KraghRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 10:15:23 pm

That sure seems like the easiest solution, but I really don't like anaglyph. It seems that a passive 3D TV is the best way to go.
My question was more aimed at: how do I get the signal to the TV?
It is about $750 to have a proper 3D Blu Ray DVD burned (pricey), but on the other hand I don't really want to have the client struggle with running it off a laptop.....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Neil RichardsRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Feb 5, 2012 at 4:38:13 pm

You don't need to burn a full blu-ray, there's a few alternatives:

- Burn an AVCHD HD disc: this is a DVD with blu-ray encoding, limited to about 15minutes or so of 3D
- Put a side-by-side .mov or other file format onto a USB stick or SD card and play it out of the TV USB slot

The USB stick option is fastest and easiest but you need to check which file formats the TV will play first, it's a bit of a minefield as they don't all play mov.

Passive TV for trade shows is the best way to go: I use an LG LD950 and usually play sbs .mov files off USB for demo. My active Pannie VT50 won't play movs off USB of SD card, needs to be blu-ray format I think or DivX, but I don't bother as it's too big to lug around and I can't afford 40 sets of glasses like I can for the LG.

I can put a 10-15min 720p (shorter if it's 1080p) sbs video onto a DVD as an AVCHD disc using FCP7 and it plays fine from my Pannie blu-ray player into either TV.

HTH

Neil

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter KraghRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 2:30:35 am

Thanks Neil, that sounds great.
I'll try both solutions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David SardinhaRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 5:50:34 pm

You can also burn a SBS blu-ray right from Final Cut if you have a blu-ray burner and then play the disk from a standard blu-ray player to the passive TV. I've done this exact thing on several occasions and it's worked perfectly for me. You can get the passive glasses from several sites. I bought 250 of them on ebay for around $40 recently. I also keep all the ones I can get my hands on every time I go to a 3D movie!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt FawRe: How to show a 3D reel at trade show?
by on May 4, 2012 at 4:18:45 pm

I have an 8" glasses-free 3D multimedia viewer that is excellent for on-the-fly viewings, one-on-one presentations, and just showing to friends. Of course, it's good for only one watcher at a time, but everyone is so geeked about the autostereoscopic viewer, that they are happy to check something out on it. Plays back 1080 side-by-side video, and the depth looks great. Can play off of an SD card, or its internal memory (USB connectable to PC).

Probably the biggest caveat about the viewer is that it took almost 5 weeks to ship from China, so plan ahead. Also, you may need to experiment to get the exact right .mp4 format to play on the viewer (I used an NXCAM output setting from Vegas).

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/8-led-glasses-free-3d-digital-multimedia-playe...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]