Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Creating MVC files

COW Forums : Stereoscopic 3D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matthew IngramCreating MVC files
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 10:05:51 pm

Hi there,

Working out of Maya I can export a Stereo pair (and an Anaglyph) of my shot.

BUT does anyone know of a way I can convert the Stereo pair into an MVC file?

What's yet more complex is I'm on a Mac - though if this is a deal breaker I can probably get my hands on a PC.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matthew IngramRe: Creating MVC files
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 4:54:45 pm

anyone?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris EllerRe: Creating MVC files
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 1:23:12 am

Matthew,

At the moment, the most cost effective method of generating MVC files is via Sony Vegas 11 (also 10e). I work mostly on OS X and export intermediate video files (left view and right view) in the Avid DNxHD codec for transfer to a Windows 7 computer. These files are then imported into Vegas and linked as a stereoscopic pair.

Once linked and dragged into the timeline, a 3D Blu-ray image can be created. The highest MVC bit-rate available is 25 Mbit/s and the resulting Blu-ray image is pretty basic. Put the disc into a Blu-ray player and it'll start playing the video, no menus. You can, in Vegas, add chapter points to help with navigation once in the movie, but that's about all I've found thus far.

Someone trained in Vegas may be able to talk a bit more about creating menus, but I think that Vegas doesn't handle that sort of mastering.

I've not tried it yet, but I don't believe that Vegas will export an h.264 MVC file.

Hope this helps.

--
Chris Eller
* Advanced Visualization Lab - Indiana University
* http://ceeller.blogspot.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matthew IngramRe: Creating MVC files
by on Dec 18, 2011 at 7:55:40 am

hi chris,

thanks for your enormously helpful feedback here and on my other post.

kind regards,
matt

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Max BakerRe: Creating MVC files
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 11:14:45 am

Chris, are you burning the MVC format directly from Vegas, or from Architect? I'm making SxS 3D in Vegas (latest update of Vegas 10), but using Architect to add a menu and burn. To view, I have to manually switch the TV to 3D side-by-side and then start the video on the Blu-Ray machine. Thanks!

Max

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]