Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Article: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger

COW Forums : Stereoscopic 3D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Debra KaufmanArticle: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 23, 2011 at 4:34:52 am

TV & Movie Appreciation
Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First AvengerBehind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger

Join Debra Kaufman as she goes behind the lens in the latest installment of her film vfx series, as Captain America: The First Avenger is brought from the realm of comic book imagination and 2D art, to the 3D world with stunning visual effects. Get the inside story of how thirteen VFX houses contributed to this new Marvel super-hero franchise as they share their stories with Debra Kaufman.

Feature   07/22/2011
Author: Debra Kaufman

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+2

Frank StearnsRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 24, 2011 at 1:29:15 pm

I was blow away with the special effects in this movie. Does anyone know which company created the end credit sequence animation?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stefani Rice@Frank Stearns
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 5:09:30 pm

The Main On End Title Sequence was created by Rok!t, now known as Method Studios.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 3:00:06 pm

Another awesome article! I was wondering how they made Evans look skinny as I was watching it. I assumed it was a digital head on another body, but it's way cooler the way they actually did it. The tedious frame-by-frame reduction paid off pretty nicely. They should be very proud of that.

The subtle reduction of Red Skull's face is something I didn't notice/think about when I was watching it, I thought that looked pretty good as well.

Nice collaboration with a whole lot of effects companies. Very good job with all the subtle stuff. Makes me appreciate the movie even more (which I liked plenty to begin with).

And what, is Chris Evans too dainty to actually run through the street without flesh colored boots on...? Actors...! :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Debra KaufmanRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 5:58:33 pm

Yes, Frank - towards the end of the article, I talk about the work of Rok!t that created that cool end title sequence...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Ronald LindeboomRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:08:29 am

We have been so busy, Debra, that Kathlyn and I didn't have plans to go see Captain America. But reading your article, I think that we have to go see it now. Thank you for another great look behind the lens.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John PirtleRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:32:31 pm

Does "lensed" mean Director of Photography?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:15:03 pm

Ronald - So glad my article inspired you and Kathlyn to go see the movie. The "skinny Steve" effect is particularly impressive! Enjoy! Debra

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 27, 2011 at 4:39:05 pm

Yes, John - "lensed" does mean shot...All my years of writing for the Hollywood Reporter, I still have the habit of using Hollywood trade publication lingo, though I promise not to use "ankled" for fired!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt ShortRe: Behind the Lens: Captain America: The First Avenger
by on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:50:16 pm

Great article, Debra. The subtle FX are always the best because you don't even realize they're an effect until it's pointed out to you. I too thought the skinny Steve was a head replacement. Amazing artistry by these companies.

http://www.9Gfilms.com
http://9gfilms.blogspot.com/
Aerial Cinematographer / Editor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 1, 2011 at 5:09:21 pm

Thanks, Matt. I am also a fan of invisible effects - and nearly every movie has them nowadays!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]