Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

NPR story today about Roger Corman

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

Mark SuszkoNPR story today about Roger Corman
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:40:35 pm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128873305

Hardest working man in the movie business, I'd say.
My Favorite Corman movie is "Battle Beyond the Stars", his version of Star Wars, based on the plot of The Seven Samurai, with just an incredible cast of once-famous, nearly-famous, infamous, and famous-to-be's. And some unknowns on the crew: John Sayles, script, James Horner, Music, and some kid named Jimmy Cameron built the spaceship models and did some art direction and effects.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Louis McLellanRe: NPR story today about Roger Corman
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 2:30:12 am

Death Race 2000 is a good one, and for ultra camp, I love to laugh at his take on "The Fantastic Four" I watched as a horrible copy.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: NPR story today about Roger Corman
by on Aug 4, 2010 at 2:36:10 pm

A second that about Death Race 2000, that's a great movie, but I believe it was only Corman produced, not directed. I stumbled across it in college, and have probably seen it 10 times since, and could probably watch it 20 more times. Machine Gun Joe makes me laugh in every scene, I especially like when he nonchalantly sprays the crowd with bullets during his introduction, haha. That movie was like a live-action, adult version of those Wacky Races cartoons I use to watch on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. I've never seen the Death Race remake from a year or to ago, but it looked horrible and unfunny, so I don't really ever plan on watching it either.

Also last year I picked up Corman's "Puerto Rico" trilogy DVD set in a bargain bin, pleasantly surprised with the bang I got for the buck. Last Woman on Earth was enjoyable from what I remember, and apparently it was written by Robert Towne of Chinatown!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Louis McLellanRe: NPR story today about Roger Corman
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:28:21 am

I cut up the new Death Race for work about a year ago. meh.... it wasn't horrible, worth streaming on netflix if you have nothing else better going on.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]