Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Star Tours

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen SmithStar Tours
by on May 17, 2012 at 8:11:33 pm

Since this is the Star Wars Pancakes forum I felt it was best to post this here:

I just got back for Disneyland and loved the updated 3D Star Tours. If you haven't been it is a must. For those that don't know what Star Tours is, it is a Motion simulator ride. Everything about the new Star Tours is better then the old one including the motion simulator. In the new one C-3PO takes you on your journey.

It has multiple story-lines and locations. So you have to ride it multiple times to see them all.

As crazy as this sounds, and I never thought I would say this...ever...Jar Jar Binks segment was the best. Seriously, I'm not joking. Naboo was really cool. A giant sea monster tries to eat you and it's tongue smears the screen with slobber.

Check out these cool photos of Hoth & Kashyyyk:

Other super cool thing. They take a random picture of someone on the ride before it starts. Then when you leave the Star Tours station Darth Vador or a robot try to stop you because you have a rebel spy on board. They then show the picture of the random rider. I so wished that one time it would have been me. This ride is super cool!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: Star Tours
by on May 17, 2012 at 8:35:39 pm

That photo of Hoth is cool. I think they should re-shoot the original trilogy for better continuity with the prequels. Use Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan - the rest of the characters could be new actors.

MC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Star Tours
by on May 17, 2012 at 8:45:05 pm

Yeah, it was awesome. Your Star Tours shuttle gets shot and falls to the snowy surface and you slide towards the leg of the AT-AT walker and you almost get crushed by its leg. That was my second favorite part of the ride. It was so COOL!

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Star Tours
by on May 17, 2012 at 11:39:45 pm

How many Bothans had to die to get us THIS information?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: Star Tours
by on May 21, 2012 at 6:28:26 pm

That looks cool! I suppose I could look this up myself, but I'll just ask instead... just out of curiosity, how long was the whole ride, and which locations did they go to? Please tell me there was some Ewok vs. AT-ST action?!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 6:59:42 pm

I'm not sure how long the ride was. If I was to guess I would say maybe 5 minutes. Because it is so well done it feels really short.

I went on Star Tours about 20 times so I got to see every storyline. You go to Kashyyyk where Chewbacca gets shot off his vehicle and lands on the windshield of the Star Tours shuttle and then slowly falls off, you race in Tatooine, Naboo you get almost eaten by a big fish, Hoth as seen in the pick above, fly around the city planet of Coruscant, you fight Boba Fett in outer space and of course the Death Star. I think I got all of the destinations.

Sorry, just Ewoks Vs Speed bikes.

This was a ton of fun.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Mark SuszkoRe: Star Tours
by on May 21, 2012 at 7:20:56 pm

How was the motion aspect? I honeymooned in Orlando, doing all the resorts plus KSC, 21 years ago when Star Tours was new; I only went on it once, due to the motion, and I remember the Back To The Future ride at Universal very nearly caused me to hurl.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 21, 2012 at 7:29:50 pm

If you hated the Motion on Back To the Future and the Original Star Tours you will want to skip this ride. I haven't been on either of those rides in years so my memory of the motion isn't the best, but I think the new Star Tours is smoother, but more intense. It is really cool when Darth Vader grabs the Star Tours shuttle with the force and slowly rocks it back and forth while he talks to you. I can't ride the Tea Cups because they can make me sick but I could ride Star Tours over and over. I recall the Back To The Future ride to be very jerky. As a side not, you can watch the Back To The Future ride on the Back To The Future Blu-ray discs.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]