Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

More Prometheus Hype

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott RobertsMore Prometheus Hype
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:01:30 pm

Check out this cool "promotional" video about Weyland Industries latest android model, David 8 (Michael Fassbender):

<iframe width="500" height="284" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DOOJl5lWNfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: More Prometheus Hype
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:20:56 pm

The earlier models always were a little twitchy...

I really can't wait for this movie.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:06:04 pm

His speech is somewhat contradictory regarding emotions and what he is and isn't capable of. I'm sure that's setting up a plot line for the movie down the road. Anyway, who advertises their product by pointing out you can ask it to do unethical things? I guess the Military would bite, but wouldn't a corporate client be afraid of the public relations implications when people point out they buy androids that are ethically neutral? Who is the imaginary audience the spot is pitching?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Dustin ParsonsRe: More Prometheus Hype
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:06:38 pm

Can't wait for this movie! Also, if you haven't seen it, here's another promotional video for Prometheus

Hmmm, couldn't figure out how to embed the video, so here's the link

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:21:16 pm

Yeah, we covered this link further down the page, but it IS awesome, getting these bits and pieces to create a wider picture of the world of the film. The recent Planet of the Apes movie did some virals for their film, scenes of apes going amok in various parts of ther world, but the connections were vague and I don't think it did much for the film. Whereas, these Weyland pieces directy build the world of the film in advance.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: More Prometheus Hype
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:50:51 pm

Yesterday on the Delta Shuttle from DC to LGA, a few rows up, someone was reading the newspaper and there was a full page ad for the Weyland Dave 8. From a distance and seeing only the top of the page over the guy's shoulder I was not sure what this was. Thought it might have been a new show on FOX. This is good viral marketing.

Speaking of shuttles and scifi, while in DC yesterday I briefly saw the Space Shuttle Discovery being flown over town on its way to the Smithsonian

It was a thrilling few seconds.

MC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 30, 2012 at 2:47:24 am

Fake Weyland corporate site movie tie-in

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 17, 2012 at 11:36:35 pm

http://slyoyster.com/movies/2012/introducing-the-yutani-corporation-kind-of...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]