Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Back to the Future Mall

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen SmithBack to the Future Mall
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:12:30 pm

First off, I have to say that I love the movie Back To The Future a lot and I can't believe I never caught this until now.

At the start of the movie we learn that the mall is called "Twin Pines Mall" and we learn that is because the farmer who sold the property to the mall tried to grow pine trees. When Marty goes back in time and crashes into the barn the farmer starts shooting at him. So he drives off like a mad man and runs over one of the two pine trees the farmer was growing. Then at the end of the movie when Marty returns to the mall the sign says "Lone Pine Mall". Ha Ha, that is great. What cleaver writing.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Mark SuszkoRe: Back to the Future Mall
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 7:49:24 pm

Speaking of malls, the Dixie Mall in Illinois, where they shot the mall car chase for The Blues Brothers", is finally going to get torn down after all these years. It was a closed-down building even before the movie.

"The new Oldsmobiles are out early this year."

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff BreuerRe: Back to the Future Mall
by on Dec 5, 2011 at 3:29:13 pm

I just watched B2TF in October and caught that too. Wait...I should explain. My wife, who was watching it for the first time with me pointed it out.

I love little stuff like that which makes repeat viewing of great movies have great new little gems to find.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason JenkinsRe: Back to the Future Mall
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:45:50 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Then at the end of the movie when Marty returns to the mall the sign says "Lone Pine Mall". Ha Ha, that is great."

I did notice that, but not in the first couple of viewings; I was far too awestruck by the DeLorean and the Flux Capacitor. (Apparently, you can soon purchase new DeLoreans http://delorean.com/sales/)

[Stephen Smith] "What cleaver writing."

You must be referring to 'Leave it to Beaver'.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy