Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Get Low

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark SuszkoGet Low
by on Mar 28, 2011 at 3:09:10 pm

Finally got around to red boxing this one. Robert Duvall and Bill Murray star.

Really, all you need to know is Duvall is in it. It's automatically awesome.

The photography and art direction are superlative; every frame is like a classic painting. My wife, an artist herself, wanted to step-frame all 90-odd minutes of it after the first viewing.

Murray's performance is controlled, well-modulated and appropriate, and his interplay with Duvall's style is fun to watch. The rest of the cast is just as good.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: Get Low
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:26:03 pm

I just watched this last night, I thought it was a nice little film. It starts out almost as an indie comedy with a neat concept, borderline quirky, but then it took some dramatic turns in the second half. I liked the outcome of the whole thing, with how the funeral party went down and such.

I agree with you about the performances and the cinematography, both very well done. I was surprised the kid from Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift was able to act as well as he did. Bill Murray basically played the same character he's played since Rushmore, but I don't mind that at all. Bill Murray can do whatever he wants. And Robert Duvall gave a brilliant performance as usual, I'm not sure why this got ignored during awards time last year.

I didn't love it, but I definitely liked it. Worth checking out for sure.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]