Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Big

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen SmithBig
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 6:09:01 pm

I love the movie Big. What a great film. One of my favorite parts is when Josh (Tom Hanks) is watching a TV show in his dumpy apartment that has violent shooting sounds. So he turns off the TV and you can still hear the gun shooting sounds and stuff. Anyways, watching the film sometimes makes me feel old and boring. The scene where Josh's love interest spends time with him and feels youthful again...then the next day she is riding into work with the office antagonist (John Heard ) who is listening to news radio. Because she found her youthful self changes the station to music and he gets mad and changes it back. I like listing to news radio on my way to and from work. Sorry, an NPR comment in the Black Swan thread made me think of this.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Big
by on Mar 10, 2011 at 7:20:42 pm

I think there's a certain number of movies that become such a touchstone in people's lives, that they help define who you are and who you want to be. How you see yourself. I'm sure everybody has at least one movie they love so much that they use it as a yardstick for compatibility with other friends on a cultural/intellectual level, and so on. In the sense that: "If you don't thin (movie title) is great, I don't want to know you, you must be dead inside".

I remember my first real "date" with the gal I eventually married, I took her to see "Roxanne", starring Steve Martin. She told me later that I'd nearly blown the entire deal with going on any further dates, because I was so quiet during the movie, taking everything in, seemingly unmoved by the film, she thought I wasn't enjoying the movie, or worse, that I was not getting the jokes. Luckily, right after it was over, I went off on this long recounting of all the parts I liked best and why, and etc. and so she relaxed and told herself: "Thank God, he's normal."

(Shh, don't tell her, I've been fooling her for 20 years, come this May.)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]