Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"

COW Forums : TV & Movie Appreciation

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Louis McLellanAnyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 6:26:20 am

Most of the time when i get saturated with trailers and promos for a film or TV show I lose intrest, but with this one I am really excited to see it. It looks like it will be the a great nerd movie, as well as a lot of fun. What do you guys think?

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:18:00 pm

I couldn't be more excited! It not only just looks amazing, but I have complete confidence in Edgar Wright as a director. He did similar nerdy awesomeness with the British TV show Spaced. Pilgrim should be great.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 2:29:31 pm

My favorite Michael Cera movie is the one where he plays the slightly effeminate and unsure nerdy indie ingenue wearing fake vintage hoodies who tentatively and with massive self-doubt and ambivalence pursues a girl he feels is unobtainable and who he somehow can't tell is already completely into him.

That's his best one.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:28:18 pm

The trailer is way awesome.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark GrossardtRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 8:51:13 pm

Suszko for the win.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 9:12:23 pm

I recently saw him in "The Education of Charlie Banks" a movie about a kid coming of age in the late 70's early 80's. Almost had the feel of a St Elmo's Fire vintage movie - am parts of it reminded me of parts of college. Oddly, this movie was directed by Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit, who did a pretty decent job as far as coming of age movies go. It's no Separate Peace but it kept me watching.

Upon closer examination, it was actually Jesse Eisenberg, who not only looks like Michael Cera, talks like Michael Cera but also seems to get roles that were meant for Michael Cera. For instance, I thought it was Michael Cera in Zombieland.

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 9:28:38 pm

I consider Eisenberg to be the "thinking man's Michael Cera". He has the same mannerisms as Cera, but doesn't have the goofy reputation and can act in dramatic roles Cera could never pull off (see: The Squid and the Whale). In fact I struggle to see Cera ever being in a truly dramatic role in the near future, as the mere glimpse of his face indicates you're in for some sort of oddball comedy. Eisenberg can do the comedic roles (such as Adventureland and Zombieland) and still be able to continue the dramatic roles (as I've seen in trailers for the upcoming films The Social Network and Holy Rollers).

That being said, with all the negative things said about Michael Cera, he's been in a handful of great things (Arrested Development, Superbad, Youth in Revolt) and sure he is at the moment kind of a one-note type-cast actor, but Bill Murray has been doing the same routine since Wes Anderson put him in Rushmore over 10 years ago, and no one ever rags on Bill Murray. Well, that's probably just because he's Bill Murray actually... I suppose he's earned the right to do that.

Michael Cera probably should have waited until after he did some diverse roles before he settled into something, or maybe he just knows how to make a lot of money in the business capitalizing on the fact he still looks like an awkward 17 year old kid at the age of 22 or 23 or whatever he is.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 1:27:01 am

I love me some Michael Cera. He is definitely his own genre, though.

Jesse Eisenberg is confident enough to be glib, which worked for him in Zombieland, and is going to work when he plays Zuckerberg in the Facebook movie. (The resemblance is uncanny - and Jesse's cousin actually works at Facebook.)

Cera, is, well Cera, and there's an eerie extent to which it's not exactly an act. This really turned itself inside out in a lovely little movie called Paper Heart. I'm nuts about this movie, and I'm not alone - it was nominated for the Grand Jury prize at Sundance last year.

The idea is that the filmmaker Charlyne Yi doesn't believe in love and decides to do a documentary about it, then meets the actor Michael Cera at a party. He falls for her first (ooooh! a variation!), and it takes her a while to figure out what to do with it. In the meantime, she continues to travel around asking all kinds of couples what love means to them. There are some amazing, amazing stories in there.

No kidding, man. I'm nuts about this movie.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James DowRe: Anyone else excited to see "Scott Pilgrim"
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 2:01:52 pm

What Mark said +2....although it is cool seeing a Rickenbacker bass in a movie poster.

JPD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]