Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Wirecast Direct Connection to Server

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Chuck PullenWirecast Direct Connection to Server
by on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:15:23 pm

Hey Craig, I am trying to figure if it’s possible to directly connect my Wirecast machine to my streaming server running Wowza to save some upload bandwidth? My IT guy thinks we should add a second NIC card to the server and do a direct connection. I feel like if they are on the same switch there should be an easier way? Any thoughts?

Chuck Pullen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: Wirecast Direct Connection to Server
by on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:32:54 pm

I'm not sure if I know of anyone who has tried a direct connection with Wowza sitting on the same machine. I'd imagine it could work. Wirecast connects with its own built in DSS for Quicktime streaming for example so it should be possible at least theoretically.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck PullenRe: Wirecast Direct Connection to Server
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 6:25:03 pm

Hey Craig, there are two different machines, but they are the same router. It appears that the Wirecast stream goes out on to the internet and back to the server. I would like to hard code or direct connect the two machines to save the upload/download bandwidth that is used to get the stream between the two machines.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 9, 2012 at 5:37:31 pm

I'm not sure what you're doing but if you set the address correctly in Wirecast and set the server correctly, it goes to the server directly.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chuck PullenRe: Wirecast Direct Connection to Server
by on Mar 13, 2012 at 2:46:56 pm

I thought as much, but my IT guy is telling me he thinks it is going out to the internet and back in to the server. I wanted to up the quality going out to the server so that I can do high quality on-demand recordings on Wowza as well as stream live, but I was afraid it would eat up too much bandwidth.

I wasn't sure if there was some trick to add a port address or something of the like when streaming to another computer on the same network (or data switch)

As always thanks for the help,

Chuck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Mar 13, 2012 at 3:59:42 pm

[Chuck Pullen] "I thought as much, but my IT guy is telling me he thinks it is going out to the internet and back in to the server."

I don't see how this is possible without some very odd setup. You control IP addresses and ports on your LAN. It goes where you tell it to go. Disconnect your internet connection as a test. Do a traceroute as well.

[Chuck Pullen] "I wasn't sure if there was some trick to add a port address or something of the like when streaming to another computer on the same network (or data switch)"

IP and port address. Standard procedure. You add the destination address in Wirecast. I'm not sure what you're doing otherwise.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]