Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Streaming lag

COW Forums : Telestream Wirecast

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeff MackStreaming lag
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:35:53 pm

Specs on my setup. MBP 2.16Ghz, 2 MB ram, wirecast 4.12, Sony Z-1 record settings to DV 720x480 firewire connected.

Wirecast settings Flash low bandwidth, 320x240, 96k stereo 500k + 96k =596k combined, 150 keyframes, main (also switched to baseline but I don't know what that does), native with DI blend.

I only had preview window, output stats and audio meter open.

3 users on internet where other two were watching stream. Potential problem was my MBP was connected to internet wit approx 200' cat 5. Download speed was 6.42Mbps upload was 1.25Mbps.

I connected nicely and in the beginning only had a 2 second delay from real time. Over the course of 25 minutes, it got delayed approx 25 seconds. I would stop and restart and it would go back to 2 second delay and then gain about a second per minute. Pretty consistently. I did have many occasions where flash sue went to red with minimal screen action.

Output stats were consistently showing a 600-700Mbps encode rate at 58-70% CPU.

I had 1 occasion only late in the broadcast time where i maintained a 3-4 second delay over 20 minutes.

My question is what can i do to make this the 2 second delay max? I think 3 users should be fine on the system. After all, how would anyone expect to get better than that. I do better at my home with 3 surfers on an 800kbps stream.

Jeff

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: Streaming lag
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:10:39 pm

The issue is related to your CDN. It's the server.
If Flash Cue went red it could be your ISP.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff MackRe: Streaming lag
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:42:38 pm

I was streaming to UStream

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig SeemanRe: Streaming lag
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:51:49 pm

I've seen that happen on UStream. It's not uncommon. I've seen it on other CDNs as well.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]