Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD

COW Forums : Maxx Digital

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Max HoffmannMaxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 6, 2008 at 11:09:56 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am a final cut pro editor. In end of August I started a job editing a reality TV show.
The material was shot on a sony xdcam, compressor MPEG IMX 525/60 (50mb).
12 cameras shot simultaneously for 12 days. The result was about 567 hours of footage (=app. 24 days) and needed 12TB.
Maxx provided for us a system that his stubbornly robust and fail proof. We were able to to run 10 MPEG IMX 525/60 (50mb) clips at the same time to compare shots while capturing more discs.
The massive amount of tapes and our deadline was greatly supported by the Maxx system.

I am very glad to have the Evo 12TB as a storage system that is reliable in fast paced environment were we sometimes needed to multitask the systems especially for AFM.

I only can recommend Maxx as a company not because my first name is Max as well, but with their friendly technical support and interest in our well being, which is a great relief to know that there are actually companies out there who care not only about their products but about their customers too.

For example, my mac pro (2x2.8 ghz quad-core intel xeon, memory 6gb, mac os 10.5.5)
was having first trouble to import the mxf files from the xdcam discs. A Maxx team worked with relentlessly around the clock to determine to problem. In the end it was an apple problem with the logic board. this confidence in their customers is again a great bonus.

I don't need to mention the great price too.

Enjoy

Cheers

Max

Max Hoffmann
everything_max@mac.com
http://www.everythingmax.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron AmbornRe: Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 7, 2008 at 7:02:16 pm

Thank You Max,
We do appreciate the good word. I will do my best to keep up the back end support and service which we believe is so important.I will also be talking with Bob Zelin about releasing more info on the NEW!!!! Evo Exspando and our new NAS system "Final Share" for FCP.

Thank you to all of our customers for their continued support.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simon BlackledgeRe: Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 8, 2008 at 4:24:34 pm

Final Share? thats new! any more info you can spill ?

s

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ron AmbornRe: Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 8, 2008 at 7:01:58 pm

Hello Simon, This NAS for FCP is something that Bob Zelin has been working on and we have several systems installed. We are doing a big install at Walter Bascardis studio in Atlanta and he will then do a nice write up after he has tested and beat it up for a few weeks. So for now we will wait for Bob Z to let us know when to make it official.

Sincerely,
Ron Amborn President
Maxx Entertainment Digital
21562 Newland Street
Huntington Beach , Ca 92646
Direct 714-374-4944
Cell 714-713-4492 Fax 714-374-3404
ron@maxxdigital.com
http://www.maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob Zelin Re: Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 8, 2008 at 11:16:28 pm

this is a simplified version of what I have described in a Creative Cow "do it yourself" SAN article. Because of the new Maxx Expando chassis, we are waiting to see how these work with the SAN before doing a big press release.

The system uses NO SOFTWARE - it simply relies on Apple File Sharing, the Apple AFP storage protocol, and link aggregated ethernet (which is cheap and easy). We have several of these systems working right now, but we are about to try these with the new easy to use Maxx Expando drive arrays (that are also easy to keep expanding for more and more storage).

Yes - it really works, and it's REALLY INEXPENSIVE to setup. It's the perfect SAN solution for 2 or 3 FCP or Adobe users that want to share ProRes422HQ or DVCProHD footage.

You will hear a lot more about it very very soon.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Simon BlackledgeRe: Maxx 12 TB EVO II HD
by on Nov 9, 2008 at 3:59:46 pm

Ah cool Thanks.

So as the chassis can expand and be seen as 1 pool no need for metasan.

Thanks

Si

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]