Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Metadata on import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Server

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Max HenstellMetadata on import
by on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:55:31 pm

Pardon me if I missed something - is it possible to include external metadata with an asset on import? I'd like metadata for an asset to be populated from an external XML file. The reason I ask if this is possible on import is because I'd like to avoid a WriteXML, Grab the ID, then ReadXML scenario for every asset. Is this possible? I see that devices have a metadata sync policy, but where is this metadata synced? Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nicholas StokesRe: Metadata on import
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 9:54:39 pm

Max:

This is absolutely possible, you just need to pass it the correct XML synatx.

I can aid with this if you're interested.

Let me know.

Nicholas Stokes
XPlaform Consulting
http://www.xplatformconsulting.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff HandyRe: Metadata on import
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 8:48:29 pm

You just have to map some custom metadata fields with the existing metadata within the files. It can be a hit and miss proposition unless you have the actual metadata names within the file format.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutserver/administratorguide/index.h...

If they are quicktime based files, FCSvr is probably going to pick up any existing metadata in the file by default. There may be some exclusions, but I'm not aware of any.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutserver/administratorguide/index.h...

HandyGeek

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff HandyRe: Metadata on import
by on Mar 9, 2010 at 8:55:00 pm

My bad, I answered too quick. This is a more complicated method than I was addressing. I am curious if and how you have handled it, though.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Christopher LowdenRe: Metadata on import
by on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:58:35 pm

I too am looking for a solution that can attach xml metadata to a video file at import so that both are associated on imported. I cannot see anything about this in the docs. Any solutions are welcome.
Many thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David ChaiRe: Metadata on import
by on May 3, 2010 at 7:32:23 pm

Yes i too am looking for a way to do this, as we deal with reuters footage that comes with an XML, it would be good to have the metadata mapped along with script notes mapped to annotations.

From the FCP server documentation it seems you need to write XML on ingest (which is no problem to do with a response), then have some script to merge the provided XML with the generated one and then read it back.

Of course a one hit solution would be even better.

David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]