Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

.mov files will not import

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Russ Hamm.mov files will not import
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:06:57 pm

Hi,
When i try to import a .mov file into After Effects,i get the following message:
"After Effects error: file 'Extension_01.mov' cannot be imported - files of type ".mov" are not supported."
This is a file from the Evolution DVD from Video Copilot.
The strange thing is,Quicktime (7.4.1) wont play them either.
Ive heard of problems due to this version of quicktime but is there any other way i can get them to import with converting every single 1?
Thanks a lot
Russ

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RobertsRe: .mov files will not import
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 5:36:11 pm

Googling files of type ".mov" are not supported led to Mylenium's page -- the error is the second one listed. Not good news.

But alternately, have you contacted Video Copilot?
Can you import any other MOVs from the DVD?
What codec are the troublesome MOVs?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rich SeemuellerRe: .mov files will not import
by on Apr 8, 2008 at 2:18:10 pm

I'm now receiving this error as well. I checked out Mylenium's page and it says that the file is probably damaged. The files were fine on friday (the last time I worked on this project). Can the files become damaged when I've not even accessed them? If so, how does this happen, and how do I avoid it in the future?

Thanks!

Rich

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jim lefevreRe: .mov files will not import
by on Apr 22, 2008 at 8:45:58 am

Both me and Whitlock Dunbar are suffering from this problem too - see this thread

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/932685

Rather worrying and annoying really. I've tried importing many different .movs which I've had no problem importing in the past and which open up fine in Quicktime to no avail.

Also as a side note it still says '.mov' in the drop down list in the import dialogue window as an acceptable file.

Hmmmmm, how frustrating!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rich SeemuellerRe: .mov files will not import
by on Apr 22, 2008 at 12:33:33 pm

I figured out my issue was with the new Quicktime. Something with it would not allow AE to import movs anymore. Obviously I can't work under those conditions, so I went to apple.com and reverted back to a previous version. Once I did that, I've had no more problems. You can get the files here. On the right hand side of the page.

Hope this helps!

Rich Seemueller

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jim lefevreRe: .mov files will not import
by on Apr 23, 2008 at 12:31:58 pm

Rich.

You star! Thank you so much, I downloaded it and it's absolutely sorted out the problem.

Funny how these helpful 'updates' utterly de-rail everything and you're left high and dry. And what a frustrating place to be.

Thanks again

Jim

http://www.nexusproductions.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]