Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WINDOWS ON MAC:ForumOS X ForumWindows ForumApple Home

Anyone Using MacDrive 7 or CrossStripe?

COW Forums : Apple - Windows on Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Russell LassonAnyone Using MacDrive 7 or CrossStripe?
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 4:23:41 pm

I'm looking to set up a Mac/Windows system on a MacPro so that it can share the storage. This looks promising:

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

I'd really like to be able to have a hardware RAID controller like the ATTO ExpressSAS R380 formated in Mac extended and then when I boot into Windows, be able to read/write to the same RAID.

Let me know if you've tried either of these programs.

Thanks!

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonRe: Anyone Using MacDrive 7 or CrossStripe?
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 5:38:52 pm

I've used MacDrive for years. It works fantastic.

I haven't tried it much on RAIDs, although I know folks who've used it this way -- format as Mac, let the PCs get at it too.

It's also a great way to manage the partitions on a Boot Camped computer. I have mine split half and half, and use Mac Drive for extra storage when I'm working on the PC side.

Tim

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonUpon further review....
by on Mar 26, 2008 at 10:49:00 pm

I think you're right that CrossStripe is the way to go. They call it a "special edition of MacDrive," which makes me wonder if the folks who SAID they were using MacDrive were actually using this instead.

It costs a lot more, but looks like the way to go. Very cool that Mediafour offers a free trial. This has been de rigeur on the PC side for years (easy to forget that MacDrive is a Windows product, eh?), so a good opportunity to dive in and take a look around....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Uli PlankRe: Opposite direction works too
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 7:12:43 am

NTFS for the Mac from Paragon works pretty well too.

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonRe: Opposite direction works too
by on Mar 27, 2008 at 12:12:55 pm

The folks from Paragon are very visible online, so I followed NTFS Mac since before their first public beta. I haven't tried it yet, but I know that it's very highly regarded.

Thanks for the reminder!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary AlanRe: Anyone Using MacDrive 7 or CrossStripe?
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 12:58:44 am

I cannot get MacDrive to work with Vista 64 on our MacIntel wit Bootcamp from Leopard. I used their latest version, too. It doesn't like Vista.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Russell LassonRe: Anyone Using MacDrive 7 or CrossStripe?
by on Mar 28, 2008 at 1:47:38 am

According to the MediaFour website, MacDrive supports Vista. It might be the 64-bit version that it doesn't like.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]