Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WINDOWS ON MAC:ForumOS X ForumWindows ForumApple Home

making a .wmv with XP

COW Forums : Apple - Windows on Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nelson Maymaking a .wmv with XP
by on May 24, 2011 at 12:50:49 am

I am running XP home on parallels on my MAC. I have a client that wants a .wmv file. I can't get win media player to do this. I can get it into any format via apple compressor or mpeg streamclip.

Is there something on winXP that will let me make .wmv files without having to buy a 30 dollar piece of software?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason JenkinsRe: making a .wmv with XP
by on May 24, 2011 at 1:11:43 am

Windows Movie Maker?

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tim WilsonRe: making a .wmv with XP
by on May 24, 2011 at 1:08:21 am

It can be done in a couple of steps. The instructions assume that you're going to be placing this in your Zune library...which of course you won't....so just skip that step.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932614

Also, one of the cool things about Windows is that there a ton of free utilities....many of which are worth exactly what you pay for them, but some of which are superior to anything on Mac for any price. I have no idea where on the spectrum this one falls. The reviews are only decent, not great, but the screenshot looks a lot easier than the WMM steps outlined above.

Take a look, see what you think: http://download.cnet.com/Free-Convert-to-DIVX-AVI-WMV-MP4-MPEG-Converter/30...

Note when downloading free utils: stick to reputable sites only. CNET is definitely my favorite. They download and install all this stuff first, so you can be sure that there's no monkey business.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]