Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Carlo VeenjeHow to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:11:19 am

As a volunteer I do some work for http://www.de-a.nl (about local production of sustainable energy).

I created a logo with Illustrator. Now someone wants a large sticker on the side of his old Citro├źn-caddy, but he first wants a preview. He sent me an photo of his car, which has some perspective in it.

I tried searching the internet, but I don't know the right keywords to search on so I did not find the tutorial I need to get the job done.

My question is: How do I place the logo on the side of the car in perspective?

I attached the files that need to be merged.

Vectorfile logo:
3646_logodea.ai.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vincent RosatiRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:36:00 pm

It's probably best to do this in Photoshop.
The car image as the background. Then the logo as another layer. Then Edit / Transform / Distort or Perspective to the logo.
If you don't have PS and have to use Illustrator, you could try applying Effect / 3D / Rotate with Perspective to the logo.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Carlo VeenjeRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:17:03 pm

Great tips Vince, both work for me. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott RobertsRe: How to make a preview of a vector logo on an image with perspective in it.
by on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:14:40 am

Copy from Illustrator into Photoshop and place as pixels. To distort, what I do is drag the corner handles individually to match the lines on whatever i'm dropping the object onto - in this case, the side of the van...match your objects lines (horizontal and vertical boundaries) to the lines on the side of the van.

LittleBlackBird.net

My Blog

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]