Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Tutorial: Vector Logo to 3D Logo

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason BrownTutorial: Vector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Nov 21, 2008 at 8:00:00 am

Cinema 4D
Vector Logo to 3D LogoVector Logo to 3D Logo

In this tutorial, Broadcast Designer Jason Brown will show you how to knock out a vector logo from Adobe Illustrator into a 3D logo in Maxons Cinema 4D. The tutorial also touches on basic texturing, lighting and animation.

Tutorial, Video Tutorial   11/21/2008
Author: Jason Brown

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

Mohamed BilalVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Nov 22, 2008 at 9:42:48 am

Great One...Like it Very Much and Very Usefull too...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Frank MaierVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Nov 24, 2008 at 7:08:00 am

Nice little tutorial, C4D seems really easy to handle.
Thanks 4 sharing!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Carolina GuerraVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Nov 29, 2008 at 9:04:35 am

I really wanna do this =) but What s the short cut for Windows? Because I just really try to use the Selection tool in Ilustrator and it just don

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

chris CummingsVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Dec 10, 2008 at 12:24:04 pm

Thanks Jason, good refresher and overview. Esp. as I tend to overcomplicate all the channels in the materials with fresnel gradients, etc. Also, nice smooth camera without getting into F-curves.

Would LOVE to see more of these C4D tuts here. And thanks as well for the camera rigs in the goodies on your site!

Cheers,
~Chris

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

peter lenerVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 5:48:48 am

Jason

super thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Thomas DowningVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Jun 12, 2009 at 12:24:13 pm

Thanks Jason,

Here's a trick I've learned from taking Illustrator files to C4D. If you don't separate the elements in Illustrator and instead leave them overlapping, when you bring the version 8 Illustrator file into C4D, select the overlapping spline curves and choose: Function->Explode Segments. This will separate the overlapping curves from one another and keep them in place (no reference image or moving back required).

Have a good one and thanks again!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason BrownVector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Jul 14, 2009 at 4:27:27 am

Thomas,
Thanks for the tip! Nice to learn knew things..I will give that a try!

Cheers,
Jason Brown

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Panaiot Petkovhi i have a problem i
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 12:23:59 pm

hi i have a problem i use Photoshop for making a logo becouse i cant find this brush for Ai ,and when i save the logo (psd or jpg format) i open it with Ai ,then i select the Direct selection tool and hold SHIFT then click and move but nothings happend only image move ,how exsacli to do it ,or do you know how i made Photoshop Brush for Illustrator ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Romeo Meiercomon.....this video does not show the whole thing
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 6:52:00 am

I downloaded the same "Duff" Logo from the same page since it comes down as a Ai file its easy to do that but if i create my own logo in ilustrator then it does not work especially since the text used in illustrator does only become a box when i try to make a vector mask and if i try to use the magic wand tool that cannot even be used in illustrator someone should tell me how..... better if someone remakes this tutorial and uses a homemade loge with text involved of course in illustrator
Please get back to me and tell me how to make a vector mask out of text so that it is not a box and surounds the text

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Danny MaireroaVector Logo to 3D logo
by on Oct 15, 2009 at 6:31:01 am

WOW!! That is very impressive, you made it look so easy. Damn, I signed up on this site ages ago (I think a year ago), but didn't know there were video tutorials on cinema 4d :(. I was searching for a 3d logo tutorial, and then 'TARAAAH'...found it on your website. Oh well, guess I'll live, learn, enjoy and then cry sometimes ;D.

Man, I can't wait to into the animation side of things. Look like, I have a new resource site to visit regularly now ;).

Thanks heaps
CHEERS :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Raivan HallVideo Is Cut Off
by on Oct 29, 2009 at 1:16:29 pm

I love this video; watched a few months back. Since then it's been cropped or something. the video image is cut off on the right side?? There is no pause or play button either? Can you help?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brandon MorrisGreat!
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:22:30 am

Thank You!!!
This was easier and better than Lynda.com's free tutorials on Cinema 4D.
This has made me less scared of Cinema 4D!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary CookMy Effort
by on Jan 24, 2010 at 12:35:27 pm

Decided to use a Sports Badge for my attempt as i followed along. Really happy with how it turned out. Excellent tutorial and easy to follow along with stunning results once coupled with other tutorials here.

http://tinyurl.com/ycmg6nh

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul HansonA Great Tutorial!
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:10:40 am

Thanks for posting such a great tutorial. I have never used a 3D program before as they looked so complex. You made it really easy for me to achieve something that looks like it took forever to do! Thanks mate!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe DeOliveiraFantastic Tutorial
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:18:31 am

That was superb. Clear and easy to follow for a 4d nubie.

Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Raf ErosaRe: Vector Logo to 3D Logo
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 3:14:07 pm

Great tuto! But my problem is that on my own logo, the Nurbs filled in the body and left the borders transparent. I wanted the body transparent and the borders filled in. Is there an inverse select??

logomio.jpg

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]