Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Illustrator Drop Shadow

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kiernan SandersIllustrator Drop Shadow
by on Jun 29, 2008 at 7:32:01 pm

I am running Adobe Illustrator CS on Windows XP on an older Dell laptop. When I attempt to give an object in my Illustrator artboard a drop shadow, whether I use the Filter or Effect menu, I am unable to change the blur setting, resulting in shadows that have no blur. I have used Illustrator CS on this laptop before, with the Windows 2000 OS, and had no trouble there. Can someone help me figure out why I am not allowed to change the blur settings for drop shadows? Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff KelleyRe: Illustrator Drop Shadow
by on Jun 30, 2008 at 3:10:23 pm

I'm on a Mac but using CS. Under Effects/stylize you should see Drop shadow. The set the blur near the bottom on the box.

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kiernan SandersRe: Illustrator Drop Shadow
by on Jun 30, 2008 at 9:52:19 pm

No, sorry, I should have been more clear in my question. My bad. But, what I meant to say is that the blur setting is there, but is all "blanked out." It's unavailable for selection, so I can't enter a value or drag the slider. It's like the computer or the program has decided to not make it an option.
blur setting

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff KelleyRe: Illustrator Drop Shadow
by on Jul 1, 2008 at 6:19:31 pm

I see.

I wish I could help. I've tried everything I can think of to replicate the problem but have not been able to figure out why that would happen.

Sorry

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lisa HughesRe: Illustrator Drop Shadow
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 8:02:53 pm

I am having the same problem, did you figure it out yet???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]