Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Photoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
AJ EpsteinPhotoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?
by on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:03:13 am

hey All,

I'm trying to do an animation in Photoshop built out of about 500 still images. I'm able to bring in everything OK with the "Load files into Stack" script, but when I choose to "make frame from Layers" it takes the LAST frame as the first and goes backward.

The frames are showing up from top to bottom numerically in the layer palette.

For instance, if my first frame is DSC0001 and my last is DSC0499, and DSC0001 is at the top of my layer list, and DSC0499 is the bottom.

How do I get the animation to begin from the first frame instead of the last without adding each later individually or having to drag each layer around?

thx!

AJ

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ekim wahsRe: Photoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?
by on Mar 5, 2009 at 8:23:55 pm

You could use the Image Sequence checkbox in the File/Open dialog to open the files as a timeline image sequence instead of converting layers to frames. Or you could switch the Timeline panel mode to Frame animation then use Reverse frames command from the panel flyout menu to get the order you want.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJ EpsteinRe: Photoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 6:18:03 am

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response. converting to frame animation did the trick.

I was not however able to open the images together as an image sequence. when I selected more than 1 file, the image sequence check box greyed out.

thx!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ekim wahsRe: Photoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 7:08:01 pm

You do not have to select multiple files to open as an image sequence. If the files are sequentially numbered, and they are in the same folder just pick one of the files, enable Open as Image Sequence and click OK.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJ EpsteinRe: Photoshop CS3 Animation - how to reverse frame order?
by on Mar 6, 2009 at 7:10:01 pm

Like a charm. Thanks Mike!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]