Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Copying effects from one layer to another in CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
FongabooCopying effects from one layer to another in CS3
by on Jan 30, 2008 at 5:05:11 pm

I just upgraded from Photoshop 7 to CS3. They seem to have changed the behavior of effects and styles on layers.

It used to be if I dragged a single effect from one layer to another, it would COPY it to the 2nd layer - requiring you to remove it from the original layer if you were intending to MOVE it from one layer to another.

In CS3, it seems dragging single effects automatically MOVES it. Although you can choose 'Copy Layer Style' and 'Paste Layer Style' off the layer menu, I often just want to clone a single effect with all its settings to another layer.

What is the best way to do this now?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

ekim wahsRe: Copying effects from one layer to another in CS3
by on Jan 30, 2008 at 6:58:41 pm

Option dragging of the effect in the Layers panel will copy the effect to the other layer

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonathan "Fongaboo" CapraRe: Copying effects from one layer to another in CS3
by on Jan 30, 2008 at 7:20:33 pm

On Windows it seems to be the ALT key. I thought I tried that, but maybe I had accidentally hit the Windows key. Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]