Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Data Set Variables

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
paulData Set Variables
by on Jul 9, 2007 at 2:36:09 pm

Can someone straighten me out on data set variables? Specifically the visibility variable?

I'm trying to output "Flashcard" type data set files project using a .csv file for the data source. All fields are text, and the first column in the .csv are the "questions", and the second column are the "answers".

What I'm having trouble with is setting up the visibility variable so that I can get sequential images that contain the "question" and the next generated image would contain the "question" AND the "answer"

Something like:

Image 1

Question 1

Image 2

Question 1
Answer 1

Image 3

Question 2

Image 4

Question 2
Answer 2

etc.

I'm new to datasets, although I have no trouble getting single variable sets to work, this one is giving me trouble.

Any suggested workflows if the software doesn't support adding visibility variables to an image sequentially?

Thanks!

BTW, this is kind of a neat project. The output is taken into Encore and made into a slideshow (manual advance). For educators this could be a really cool tool to take a Q&A dataset, add some graphical treatment in PS, output the images using datasets, then Burn a DVD in Encore. The whole process only takes about 5 minutes!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]