Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Sound Format

COW Forums : Media Formats | Media Capacities

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Menelaos AskordalakisSound Format
by on Aug 25, 2012 at 10:27:38 am

Hello,

I would really appreciate it, if you could help me choose the sound format of my video, because I'm not familiar with sound formats and I'm really new to it.
Okey, I'm a Vegas Pro user. I'm currently shooting a short film that will be displayed at the local theater. I am really excited about it and I want the film to be perfect. So here I am asking for your help.
After reading some posts, I was about to go for the FLAC audio format. But then I saw that some people don't like it. I thought about the AC3 format, but I don't know if it is better than the FLAC... So please help me here, because I'm just a newbie!

Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew RendellRe: Sound Format
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 6:37:46 am

Doing anything other than the standard will really cause problems.

For origination and editing/mixing that means uncompressed (wav) at 48kHz sampling rate and 16bit depth.

The audio must only be compressed for the delivery. If you are delivering a file you must check with them what file formats they can accept, if you are delivering on tape, DVD or Bluray you don't have a choice anyway.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Menelaos AskordalakisRe: Sound Format
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:53:09 am

Thank you Andrew! That was really helpful!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]