Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Motion animation in Flash File

COW Forums : Media Formats | Media Capacities

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul McClintockMotion animation in Flash File
by on Apr 20, 2010 at 7:10:16 pm

I created a short animation sting (7 seconds) in Motion for a client. This sting appears at the start of all the videos I create for this client. The web designers asked me to give them several of the finished videos as flv files which I did.

However when I play the converted flash video files the sting looks pixelated and of a lesser quality. I know generally converting to flash would lower the quality but is there anything I can do to reduce the pixelation or is this just to be expected?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cale MoothRe: Motion animation in Flash File
by on May 4, 2010 at 6:25:23 pm

Depending on the application you're using, when you create your FLVs you should be able to control the quality and/or the bitrate of the FLV. Upping your bitrate/quality should eliminate some of that pixelated ugliness. Doing so will dramatically increase file size and download times, however.

So, it's always a balance between file size and video quality when working with FLV files.

Cale
------------------------------
Host: Media Formats | Media Capacities

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul McClintockRe: Motion animation in Flash File
by on May 4, 2010 at 8:18:12 pm

Over the past week or so I have been playing around with different file sizes and different bitrate options and I have been able to get the quality to improve a great deal. Thanks for your reply Cale, It's always nice to get a second opinion on these things. I can sleep easy now!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]