Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ram PetersSuper Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 3:33:42 am

I currently have Sony vegas Platinum 10.0, and I have a camera capable of shooting 240 fps. When I stretch the video clips for slow-mo, I can only stretch it so for. Seems there is a limit. How can I slow the video more?

The only way I have found is to: stretch the clip, render the video, open the rendered video and stretch it again. This really distorts the video quality. Is there any other way? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 3:53:00 am

The best way is to render to a lossless codec like Lagarith. Google it as it's free. The drawback is the huge file size but that's the price you have to pay.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

James HoughtalingRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 5:16:32 am

You can use velocity envelopes in addition to the ctrl drag. I do believe that way you'll be able to make use of the extra frames to get a smooth slo mo. If you're only using ctl drag you're limited to 1/4 speed - so if you render and slow it down again, you're high frame rate is going to waste.

---------------
My Hardware:
Core i7 2.67GHz; Nvidia GTX580, 12 gig RAM Win7 64bit.

My Software:
Vegas Pro V11 with Boris Continuum Complete 8, VASST Ultimate S; Bluff Titler; AE5; PhotoPaint and other stuff.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 5:19:27 am

James, Ram is using Platinum which doesn't have the velocity envelope option.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jaysri sridharanRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 7:08:36 pm

If it is pro, what james says works fine. I used velocity envelope and rendered a super slowed down clip. Many times slower than Twixtor which does not work well in Vegas pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pat KeoughRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 12:49:52 pm

Yes, that is the best way without the velocity envelope. When you slow your 240fps footage to 1/4 speed, you will be at 60fps so obviously render out to a 60fps intermediary then bring it back in and slow it more if needed.

If you are doing everything else right and rendering to a high quality intermediate codec, there should be no visiable loss of quality.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Norman BlackRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 3:51:58 pm

I had Vegas Movie Studio 10 platinum, and I don't remember it having 60fps output capability. My memory could be faulty.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aleksey TarasovRe: Super Slow Mo with Vegas 10.0
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 4:05:48 pm

Does Movie Studio support image sequences? You could export your video as an image sequence and then import it with the desired frame rate

Light Leaks | Film Grain | Magic Bullet Looks presets | Film Look for Vegas Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]