Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas 12 (64 bit) - Crash issue with full screen preview mode

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steve PasSony Vegas 12 (64 bit) - Crash issue with full screen preview mode
by on Jan 2, 2013 at 8:10:45 pm

Anyone know why Vegas should be crashing when previewing videos in full screen mode? I seem to have no problems previewing videos when the screen is small, but the moment i click on full screen Sony Vegas crashes. On some occasions the video may play without problem in full screen mode, but more often that not it will crash.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Sony Vegas 12 (64 bit) - Crash issue with full screen preview mode
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:29:37 pm

Could be a graphics card driver issue. Try updating to the latest drivers from the card manufacturer and see if that helps.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve PasRe: Sony Vegas 12 (64 bit) - Crash issue with full screen preview mode
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 3:54:38 pm

Hi mate, thanks for the reply

I've had problems with updating to the new AMD drivers before (my previous topic). Previously i installed the latest AMD driver and the colours in media generators started to behave oddly. So i reverted back to the old AMD driver and the problem was solved.

So i have my reservations regarding updating to the latest drivers for this moment in time (especially considering i have to through a process of using driver sweeper). This issue although an irritation, it's a livable irritation, although the media generators issue is not. Just to note, when i had the latest driver installed i could turn off 'gpu acceleration' and the problem would be solved. Although, needless to say that is not a long-term solution as everything is a little more jerky with it switched off.

Do you have any other ideas on what the issue could be?

Spec:

Windows 7
RAM 8 GB
AMD HD6670

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]