Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

NEED GUIDANCE PLEASE WITH BLU-RAY in DVD ARCHTIECT

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ryan SurrattNEED GUIDANCE PLEASE WITH BLU-RAY in DVD ARCHTIECT
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:10:53 pm

Hi Guys,

First off let me say your site is so helpful. I use it constantly to understand technical and creative questions regarding editing. Thank you so much to all the moderators for all your time and help.

I want to know the best settings for burning HD 1920x1080p 23.976 .mov files for Bluray. Do I need to re-render the file or should I just burn it as is. I want to keep the highest possible quality of course. Should I just use the Vegas template or customize bitrates? Gaussian Blue? Floating points? anything else?:

Also...

I want to know the best settings for rendering HD 1920x1080p 23.976 .mov files for DVD ( I know I can't get HD quality out of it but I want to get the best quality possible for the DVD):

Also...

Can I just place the file into DVD architect 5.2 and it will automatically give me the best compression for bluray? What should I change in the settings of dvd architect?

Can and should I do it through sony vegas 12?

Thank you again for your help,

Ryan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: NEED GUIDANCE PLEASE WITH BLU-RAY in DVD ARCHTIECT
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:56:33 pm

[Ryan Surratt] "I want to know the best settings for burning HD 1920x1080p 23.976 .mov files for Bluray. Do I need to re-render the file or should I just burn it as is."
One option is to re-render it because MOV is not a valid container for Blu-ray. If the mov file contained Blu-ray compliant MPEG-4/H.264 video, you might be able to find a program to just re-wrap the video into an AVCHD container which would be lossless and not require rendering.
[Ryan Surratt] "Should I just use the Vegas template or customize bitrates? Gaussian Blue? Floating points? anything else?"
You can use either the MainConcept MPEG2 encoder the Sony AVC encoder with one of the "Blu-ray ..." templates. Then render your audio as Dolby Digital AC-3 and give it the same name.
[Ryan Surratt] "I want to know the best settings for rendering HD 1920x1080p 23.976 .mov files for DVD ( I know I can't get HD quality out of it but I want to get the best quality possible for the DVD):"
For DVD use the MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder with one of the "DVD Architect Widescreen 24p ..." templates.
[Ryan Surratt] "Can I just place the file into DVD architect 5.2 and it will automatically give me the best compression for bluray? What should I change in the settings of dvd architect?"
You could but rendering in Vegas Pro may give you a little better quality. I've never actually compared them but you can drop pretty much any kind of file you want into DVD Architect and it will convert it to the proper format for you without you needing to know anything.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Ryan SurrattRe: NEED GUIDANCE PLEASE WITH BLU-RAY in DVD ARCHTIECT
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:13:08 am

[Ryan Surratt] "I want to know the best settings for burning HD 1920x1080p 23.976 .mov files for Bluray. Do I need to re-render the file or should I just burn it as is."

One option is to re-render it because MOV is not a valid container for Blu-ray. If the mov file contained Blu-ray compliant MPEG-4/H.264 video, you might be able to find a program to just re-wrap the video into an AVCHD container which would be lossless and not require rendering.

Thank you John. Do you know of any programs that will allow me to rewrap in AVCHD? I am looking at winxdvd but I need something simple since I am not too versed in these things.

Here are the specs of the file

1920x1080p
20GB
MOV
Prores

All I need to do is find a way to take the 20gb without compressing it and put it into the format that the bluray can accept and read it.

Thank you for all your help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: NEED GUIDANCE PLEASE WITH BLU-RAY in DVD ARCHTIECT
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 11:35:37 am

[Ryan Surratt] "1920x1080p, 23.976, 20GB, MOV, Prores
All I need to do is find a way to take the 20gb without compressing it and put it into the format that the bluray can accept and read it."
You cannot re-wrap your file because it uses the ProRes codec which is not Blu-ray compliant. You need to render it to one of the valid Blu-ray formats with Vegas Pro or drop it into DVD Architect and let it convert it for you.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]