Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Unable to find the plugin?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Hsu Chaw-BinUnable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 1:30:31 am

So recently I reformatted my system, the old system was Win7 Ultimate 32 bit, I upgraded to 64 bit, I was reinstalling all the plugins I had last night, everything works, except one plugin, Adam's Flip, after I installed it, I checked Vegas, don't see Adam's Flip, I open a project with Adam's Flip involved:

'An error occurred while loading the project file xxxxx.veg
An error occurred while loading a plug-in or plug-ins. The plug-in(s) specified are not installed on this system. '

I have no idea why, I even installed at both Program Files directory, but no, it didn't work.

I seriously need this plugin, lots of my projects have it involved.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff SchroederRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 3:19:04 am

It is probably a 32 bit plugin. Even if you install it in both program files directories a 32 bit plugin will not show up in 64 bit. Use the 32 bit version for projects that require this plugin. You can also use the Pan/Crop tool, just right click the image and choose "Flip Vertical"

Jeff

2-Xeon X5680 @ 3.33, EVGA SR-2 Mobo, 48GB DDR3, GTX 580 3072MB, 16TB Attached Storage, Win7, Vegas 11 x64

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Hsu Chaw-BinRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 4:05:38 am

I know, but it's HIGHLY annoying when you have LOADS of video events to flip.
Oh well, I'll go back to 32 bits then

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 10:53:56 am

Adams flip is a 32bit plugin, so as Jeff said, you wont see
it. If you are upgrading to a 64bit system, then all
your software and plugins need to also be 64bit to work
efficiently and take advantage of the architecture.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nigel O'NeillRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:11:54 pm

[Hsu Chaw-Bin] "Oh well, I'll go back to 32 bits then"

You don't need to re-install Windows. Just install 32 bit Vegas. Vegas versions happily co-exist.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Hsu Chaw-BinRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:13:56 pm

....Darn, cause I already re-installed the whole Windows....
OH WELL, I'll install back to 64 bit after next time my system break down then.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:46:26 pm

My new machine at work came with 64 bit Windows.
I installed both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Vegas as I have a few older plugins that are 32 bit only.
It's not a big deal to have to switch back and forth between the two versions.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 1:07:52 pm

[Hsu Chaw-Bin] "....Darn, cause I already re-installed the whole Windows...."
It's important for you to understand that there is no reason to ever use the 32-bit version of Windows. The 64-bit version will run everything the 32-bit version will run in compatibility mode.

Also, it is critically important to all system builders that once you build a new system you preform a full backup and then perform at least weekly incremental backups. Had you created a backup, going back to a 64-bit system would have been as simple as a restore.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Aug 19, 2012 at 6:33:18 pm

Following the direction of technology, 32bit systems will soon
be a thing of the past, just like FAT32 and NTFS Drives.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn CowanRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:54:14 pm

On two separate 64-bit systems (laptop, desktop), I installed both Vegas11-32 and Vegas11-64. It did not go well. Vegas11-32 wouldn't boot up, and Vegas11-64 stopped responding.

Indie Filmmaker

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David AlfredoRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:56:21 pm

just by chance... have you updated your system with Windows 7 update KB2670838 ? (Internet Explorer 10 update) if so, uninstall it and hide it from automatic updating before installing Vegas.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn CowanRe: Unable to find the plugin?
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 5:29:47 am

Do you have any details? I was installing on my friend's Win7 system so I can't answer your question right now. What have you heard?

Indie Filmmaker

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:48:25 am

just Google KB2670838 and DirectX issues, it really can mess with your system depending on your hardware-software-drivers config.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 23, 2013 at 10:28:05 am

[David Alfredo] "Google KB2670838 and DirectX issues, it really can mess with your system depending on your hardware-software-drivers config."
Yea, here are two posts from the Microsoft Support forums that should convince you that it should not be applied or removed immediately:
This update has two effects on my system*; 1. For whatever reason, it turns the lower taskbar turquoise, 2. Explorer 9 or 10 and Chrome 25 get a 60 delay in information typed into them with internet speeds reminiscent of dial-up, while Firefox 19 ceases to function at all; The internet becomes essentially non-usable.

I wasted an entire day on this two weeks ago including an hour on the phone with one of your technicians when it was first installed. He had no idea what the problem was and I eventually gave up and uninstalled it. My problems ceased immediately upon its removal.
So that's someone who installed it, had problems, removed it, problems vanished.

I though this next one was rather to the point:
Fact: KB2670838 is a Prerequisite Update for IE10.

Fact: If KB2670838 isn't installed, it will be installed if you choose to install IE10.

Fact: IE10-for-Win7 is not ready for "prime time" - which is why it's not being pushed via Automatic Updates yet.

Fact: When Microsoft decides to push IE10 via Automatic Updates, free support will begin - but for now, you're on your own.

Tip: Stick with IE9 for the time being & save yourself a lot of grief.
and...
Fact: My next computer will be a Mac.
I particularly liked the last one. ;-)

Bottom line: stay away from both the Platform Update KB2670838 and IE10 for now until Microsoft fixes it. (of course, it could all be an evil plot to make you buy Windows 8) lol

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32:27 am

funny that at first it was a recommended update and thus installed automatically when that option was enabled... the following day after the flood of negative feedback they moved the IE10 update / KB2670838 to "optional" updates... but they already got the "virus" spread on thousands, millions of computers running Windows 7 and having "puzzling" issues...

in a fair and just world there should be a compulsory update to remove that KB2670838/IE10 and warn users about it upon reboot of the OS, then again Microsoft will never shoot themselves on the foot... same as Nvidia never said Kepler cards were not backwards compatible with previous CUDA software, for sure the Redmond guys want to sell Windows 8 around but I'd never recommend it for professionals, too bloated, no start button, no proper desktop, made for touch-screens, 64 Bit software with mature drivers on Windows 7 runs better specially for editing... this is, use a Mac !

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 11:47:31 am

[David Alfredo] "funny that at first it was a recommended update and thus installed automatically when that option was enabled..."
I have said this before and I'll say it again. Turn off Windows Updates on any computer that is used for professional work. Only apply updates once a month AFTER you have made a monthly full backup. This way if anything goes wrong, you can restore from the backup. I have had Windows updates cripple my computer in the past and cost me production down time. Never, ever, never let Microsoft automatically update your computer.
[David Alfredo] "use a Mac !"
That's what I do. ;-) and if Sony ever comes out with Vegas Pro for the Mac, I will say good riddance to my last Windows computer. BTW, Apple doesn't have automatic updates. They let you know when updates are available but you are always in control of when and what to update (as it should be).

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:56:59 pm

Good advice John, I'm so obsessed with updates and drivers to the point I sit them out for weeks until I fully understand what they fix and what they break, this at home of course, at my workplace we do full system backups every week and project backups every hour (the back-up software running in the background unnoticed to video editors, our IT guys are awesome).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]