Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Render for TV

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Frank StevnRender for TV
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 5:06:39 am

Hello:

I just received the requirements of a TV station for video delivery. I am not able to find a match in Vegas pro 10 or 11 render settings. Any suggestions about what render settings to use to get the desired file format will be appreciated. These are their requirements:

-------
Our HDTV video format conforms to system-5 of the SMPTE 274M standard. It provides an active raster of 1920 picture elements (pixels) per scanned line and 1080 interlaced scanned lines per frame, having 29.97 frames per second (or 59.94 fields per second). It is simply known as 1080i, 60. Programs produced in any other ATSC format require conversion to 1080i, 60 prior to being delivered.

DESIRED FILE FORMAT:
Our play out servers are Harris Nexio Amp supporting MPEG 2 encoded video and PCM audio. We recommend that the high definition video encoded data rate fall somewhere between 35 and 50 Mb/s. The servers natively support the LXF file wrapper. Currently both DG systems and Extreme Reach will accept a wide variety of formats and transcode them to MPEG 2 LXF prior to delivery to the station. For spots delivered to the station via FTP or physical media we prefer the video to be previously encoded to MPEG 2 with uncompressed audio and either a LXF or MXF wrapper. For those providers utilizing Final Cut Pro we will accept Quicktime wrapped MPEG 2 files utilizing the Sony XDCAM codec.

AUDIO FORMAT FOR RECORDED PROGRAMS:
Stereo with all dialog and effects included in the mix.
Audio tracks must be recorded as discrete AES pairs. No separate audio recording media will be accepted. Encoded audio (i.e. Dolby-E, Dolby Digital AC-3, etc.) will not be accepted.
-------

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aleksey TarasovRe: Render for TV
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 5:47:28 am

Sony MXF:

HD EX 1920x1080-60i
HD422 1920x1080-60i 50 Mbps

Vegasaur - automation plugins and tools for Sony Vegas Pro

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Frank StevnRe: Render for TV
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:18:36 pm

Thank you Aleksey.

I will use HD422 because it allows to select 50 Mbps and the color profile is 4:2:2

Let's see if they like it :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]