Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ethan HarrisVegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 12:48:51 pm

Preview and rendering both cause Vegas to crash It's a 105 minute video containing 177 elements. The source video is all 1080P 60FPS (.MTS AVCHD), and the sources total about 1.5TB on a USB 3.0 drive.

The output video includes 3 generated media tracks, the video track and it's accompanying audio track, and 4 music tracks. Very straight forward.

No matter what I do all efforts to preview or render will crash randomly. I've tried rendering Main Concept MPG2, Main Concept AVC, .AVI, .WAV, and .WMV renders. Usually Vegas will crash within 30 minutes during a preview, or after an hour or two of rendering.

It's a new HP Envy 17 Laptop, i7 2.2GHz, 8GB Mem, 1.5 TB free disk space. I even tried booting with msconfig load startup items off, an have tried disconnecting the network too, so there's nothing else executing on the computer with no luck. I measured the USB 3.0 disk and it feeds data to the computer at 150MB/Sec during file copy operations which should be plenty fast enough.

Am I doing something wrong? Suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ethan HarrisRe: Vegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 4:40:00 pm

Here's more info if it will help ~ after 3-1/2 hours of HD rendering another crash occured, and the problem report box pops up. I checked the more problem details checkbox and got the following. The crash info is always the same regardless of where Vegas was rendering in the timeline.

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
Application Version: Version 11.0 (Build 322)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xccccfffe)
Fault Module: C:Windowssyswow64KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Address: 0x7645B9BC
Fault Offset: 0x0000B9BC

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:Program Files (x86)SonyVegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0VegasMovieStudioPE110.exe
Process Version: Version 11.0 (Build 322)
Process Description: Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
Process Image Date: 2012-04-05 (Thu Apr 05) 20:48:38

What does this mean? What can I do to get Vegas to finish a render?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ethan HarrisRe: Vegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 6:18:50 pm

Success! I did several things and now rendering works without crashing, at the expense of using more storage space.

- I ran MSCONFIG to keep the system from booting everything but system services.

- I opened the .vf and did a SAVEAS and checked the box to save all media, and went with the standard 2 second trims.

I suspect there were probably too many gigs of original clips for Vegas to handle...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brad SmithRe: Vegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:48:37 pm

Hi Ethan I've had similar problems with random crashes. Not so much when rendering but just random. I'm going to try this. Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brad SmithRe: Vegas Movie Studio HD Paltinum 11 (Build 322) Crashes During Preview and Rendring
by on Feb 5, 2014 at 5:52:58 pm

nope. it's still crashing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]