Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Image over video

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Will UptonImage over video
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 8:27:58 am

Hi there! I've been messing around in Vegas, seeing what it can do, and I'm having some problems with overlaying an image over my video. I created a new video track, added the image to it, and made sure that the image is in the right place on the screen at the right size, and appears where it needs to. However, instead of the image being overlayed on top of the video, it has instead replaced it. The entire video track (~8 mins) is just black, with the image appearing in the top corner as expected about half way through, and staying for about a minute as desired.

How do I tell Vegas 11 that I still want the video to be visible around the image?

http://i.imgur.com/xnUdA.jpg

That's showing what I'm getting. The small image is correctly in the top right corner, but the rest of the screen is black, and its still black when the image isn't shown either.

Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff SchroederRe: Image over video
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:29:04 pm

Is this image a png and is the black part alpha transparent? If so, you must tell Vegas in the image properties that it has an alpha channel. Right click on the image and select properties, you'll find it.

Jeff

2-Xeon X5680 @ 3.33, EVGA SR-2 Mobo, 48GB DDR3, GTX 580 3072MB, 16TB Attached Storage, Win7, Vegas 11 x64

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]