Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Device error w/ Sony Capture 6.0

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Richard BurtonDevice error w/ Sony Capture 6.0
by on Jul 21, 2012 at 7:34:23 pm

I am using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0 with a Canon HV20 camera running on Windows 7 Pro.

When I initiate capture i get the following error message:
"The device 'Canon HV20' could not be opened.
Please make sure that it is turned on and is not being used by another application or user"

The first time I used the camera, it appeared to work as the movie was displayed in the preview window however at the end of the upload the file was no where to be found.

When I went in the second time to try is when I received the above error message.

I tried re-booting my pc and then uninstalling the software and re-installing the software, neither worked.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Richard

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul BelterRe: Device error w/ Sony Capture 6.0
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 8:09:58 am

i am archiving a lot of dvs right now, i sometime get this too. try to reconnect the camera, switch it off/on. helped for me. this capture utility sucks but as long as it works ot does its job...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard BurtonRe: Device error w/ Sony Capture 6.0
by on Jul 22, 2012 at 1:04:26 pm

I have tried that over 20 times, no luck. I am able to use Windows movie to capture. Do you know if there is a utility to convert a Windows movie to Sony Vegas format or of any other way of getting the video in Vegas?

thanks,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]