Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Can I change an already rendered file?

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
steve edwardsCan I change an already rendered file?
by on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:59:25 pm

I rendered 6 different videos, and now want to change them to widescreen, can I just pull them onto the timeline in a new project and re-render them to widescreen.
Project properties were:HDV 720-30p, and want to change to:NTSC DV Widescreen.
Rendered them to: NTSC DVD, and want to change to: DVD Architech NTSC Widescreen.

I hope I can do this otherwise have to start from scratch.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shoestring VideosRe: Can I change an already rendered file?
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:48:37 am

go back to your original projects and render them as widescreen?

And to answer your question, yes you can, just load the 4:3 videos into Vegas and then change each clips aspect ratio to 16:9 and then render as widescreen.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt CrowleyRe: Can I change an already rendered file?
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 7:05:29 am

It's possible to re-render the NTSC DVD videos to DVD Widescreen but you'll get quite a quality loss, as the 4:3 video is probably already letterboxed to be even smaller than the widescreen template will give you.

It's better to render from your 720p videos, since they are already 16:9 widescreen and they are higher quality.

Even better is to render from your original project to the DVD widescreen format.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]