Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Vegas & DVDA newbie, rendering question

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Darryn CarrollVegas & DVDA newbie, rendering question
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 11:27:52 pm

New to Vegas and DVDA,I created a 2 hour video of a dance recital and I am not very familiar with bit rates and rendering. I burned a short test dvd and quality was very good. When i burned the full project in DVD, it rerendered and took about 3 hours to complete. The video quality seems to have suffered a bit. I shot SD footage with a Sony VX2100 cameras in 16:9 and ingested via firewire and Vegas to AVI. Can i save this project without starting from scratch AND is this an advisable workflow with my cameras.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas & DVDA newbie, rendering question
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 2:41:59 am

[Darryn Carroll] "When i burned the full project in DVD, it rerendered and took about 3 hours to complete. The video quality seems to have suffered a bit."

If you are letting DVDA re-encode your video, then yes, this is your problem.

The correct workflow is to encode your MPEG file in Vegas using the appropriate DVDA template. Also encode the AC3 audio file using the same name. Two hours is too long for the default template values, so you will need to decrease the bitrate. There's a few good bitrate calculators on the web, but this is the one I use the most:

http://mark-s-dvd-bitrate-calculator.software.informer.com/

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Darryn CarrollRe: Vegas & DVDA newbie, rendering question
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 2:58:18 am

Thanks Steve, I just rendered as MPEG, but seems like I cant simply "replace" the video file in DVDA since its no longer an AVI?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Vegas & DVDA newbie, rendering question
by on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:50:33 am

You are trying to use DVDA as an editor. Go to the Project Overview window and delete the old media there. Then drag the MPEG file to the Project Overview menu. If there is an AC3 file by the same name, then it follows automatically, though there's no indication in Project Overview. (You will, however, see the audio waveform in the Timeline window.)

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]