Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

HD videos come out blurry after rendering

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Anthony JamesHD videos come out blurry after rendering
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 11:03:52 pm

I've had this problem with Vegas Pro 9 for quite some time now. I record gameplay off of my desktop and the original file, whatever the program used to record, looks just fine or is at least acceptable quality. But after rendering it through Vegas, the video comes out much blurrier. I've made a short video with before/after comparisons for this thread.

Original:

Rendered:

Now I know the blurriness isn't immediately noticeable and there isn't too much of it, but it is to me when the camera turns and it really does not look good enough to be a finished product. I really don't want to have any blurriness and I want the video to look as close to the original as I possibly can. I've looked around for tips and help, such as changing the render settings, bypassing motion blur, switching the deinterlace method to 'interpolate,' but nothing really works. I've also tried it on Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0, but it's the same thing. I was under the impression that Vegas was for rendering HD videos, but it's seeming less and less like it and am wondering if I should be using a different program instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Davd KeatorRe: HD videos come out blurry after rendering
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 3:13:06 am

You have not given any specs on the video output of your game recorder...nor the render settings of the mp4...

On first glance I see a frame rate issue: perhaps: 30/24 or even a 30/29.970 That alone causes most blurriness issues...

Second would be compression ratio / bit rate...

Good luck.

President: http://www.VertexMedia.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: HD videos come out blurry after rendering
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 9:47:21 am

It would seem you have rendered it at a different frame-rate
than the original...That would also cause blurriness....Match
your timeline settings and your render settings with that clip.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: HD videos come out blurry after rendering
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:19:57 am

You are re-encoding (not rendering notwithstanding that Sony puts the encoding options in the "Render As" menu). Re-encoding an already encoded format ALWAYS takes a quality hit.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]