Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Crashes when rendering

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul GilmoreCrashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:15:15 am

I guess I can't render footage with Vegas Pro 11? I've been trying all day to render a project and everytime Vegas 11 crashes!

Any suggestions?

"Film is a dramatized reality and it is the director's job to make it appear real... an audience should not be conscious of technique." - David Lean

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Angelo MikeRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:27:10 am

No idea without more information. What are your project settings, render settings, and computer specs?

http://www.scenethroughglass.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Paul GilmoreRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 3:38:00 am

everything is the way it should be.. Ive never ever had a problem using Vegas til I started using pro 11

setting: NTSC DV Widescreen (720x480, 29.970 fps)
Rendering: Mpg2 Widescreen
Win 7 64bit, 8GB Ram, 2TB HD, Nivida Gforce 550 video card, AMD 2.80GHz processor

"Film is a dramatized reality and it is the director's job to make it appear real... an audience should not be conscious of technique." - David Lean

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 3:43:37 am

What's your bit rate for rendering? How long is the video?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 3:59:22 am

an hour and whatever the default bitrate is. I dont think settings is the issue, I've used Vegas since pro 6 and the settings have never changed and always worked.. I think it might just be the software, I've had so many problems with pro 11

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 4:12:03 am

The only problems I've had with rendering to the DV Widescreen setting is when I tried to make the bit rate too low or high for a given project settings quality.

And since it is Vegas 11, the first thing I'd try is restarting the project/my computer and trying again. Or test rendering a small part of the video.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 4:14:30 am

already tried that more then once... didn't solve the issue

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 4:22:33 am

What format and codec are your source files?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 4:32:46 am

filmed with an FX-7 I believe it's AVI.. however this isn't moving video, it's a photo montage, bunch of photos put together with music

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve RhodenRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 8:39:13 am

Do you have the same problem rendering anything else Paul?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 8:50:43 am

Yes. I completed a wedding through out the editing Vegas 11 would crash. After I finally manged through it snd tried to render it would crash half way through. Very odd

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 9:19:43 am

The only thing i could recommend for you at this breaking point,
is to use Vegas 10....And you could having both versions open,
copy the Vegas 11 timeline and pasting it in Vegas 10.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 11:09:33 am

yeah i was afraid of that, guess that's what i'll have to do... thanks for the help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

johan kusRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 9, 2012 at 6:14:08 pm

I rush to buy the upgrade when it come out but after several attempts to render it did crash..... I went back to use a version 1o. I did send a report every time when crashed with the system info . I did use a presets and try to set my own values but still did free zand crashed.
I work mostly on long projects.Weddings , musicals etc. Multi cam set up's. Lot's of cuts fade in's and out's.
I like Vegas for it stability and speed but I miss my VelocityQ and inscriber CG. Hope Vegas people have an idea by now what's the problem is.
Johan

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 12:17:07 pm

[Paul Gilmore] "I guess I can't render footage with Vegas Pro 11? I've been trying all day to render a project and everytime Vegas 11 crashes!"
Crash is a rather ambiguous term. What does it do? Is there an error message? Does it crash on the first frame or after a rendering a while?
[Paul Gilmore] " it's a photo montage, bunch of photos put together with music"
How big are the photos? DV is less than 1MP (mega pixel). If you're shooting photos with a camera that shoots 12MP and you expecting Vegas to resize it to >1MP 30 times a second you're asking a lot (and it will require a lot of memory). Try resizing the images to something closer to your output resolution.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 1:12:02 pm

I was about to tell him to resize his photos too John, but
from all he has mentioned, im sure he had tried that and
probably still getting failure.....The longest ive seen the
sony team takes to strengthen Vegas after several patches.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 1:25:08 pm

Yup I've done it all. The point is I have made these photo videos MANY times before and I have had zero issues so it's mind boggling to me why 11 crashes when I try to render! I know that whenever Vegas is newly updated and realeased there's always bugs in the program and it usually take 3-5 patches til it's fixed, like pro 10 finally got majority of bugs out by version e. why Sony doesn't correct these issues prior to releasing them. Anyways idk what to do from here except go back to using 10 and throw $200 away from upgrading to 11. I hope Sony releases a patch soon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lance BachelderRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 7:02:04 pm

Is it crashing at a certain point in the timeline or just crashes right away? I've had Vegas crash at the exact same spot and had to replace the files in the area of the crash and through trial and error got my rendering back again. Makes no sense at all as I can put the "corrupt" file in a new project and Vegas reads it fine. Seems like things just get corrupt sometimes and Vegas freaks out.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 4:08:17 pm

[Steve Rhoden] "The longest ive seen the sony team takes to strengthen Vegas after several patches."
It's a lot better with large photos than it use to be but cameras just keep getting more and more pixels! ;-)

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 5:33:55 pm

Was referring to the entire stability of Vegas.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim CatesRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 6:15:29 pm

Have the same issues.....crashes about 30 percent of the time....even crashed today trying to render an audio only MP3 file.....the "save file" function has become my best friend...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Malcolm MatuskyRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 7, 2012 at 6:31:42 pm

I had the same issue last week, set project properties to 8 bit color depth on render file and on any nested veg files. I was able to successfully render a project after having trouble for three days!

Good luck,

Malcolm

Malcolm
http://www.malcolmproductions.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 8:09:51 pm

[Steve Rhoden] "Was referring to the entire stability of Vegas."
That's been getting better as well. I created my last 6 Boris TV episodes with Vegas Pro 11.0 Build 595 and it was very solid. More so than Vegas Pro 10.0 using the same OFX plug-ins.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 11:23:02 pm

Really?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 7, 2012 at 11:40:56 pm

I don't understand why allot of people are experiencing the same problem but you or you fixed it. Is it something we are doing wrong or a setting that needs to be changed. Crashing during rendering isn't my only issue. It will also crash while I am adding color correction or even if I'm scrubing through footage. Just out of the blue crashes. I spent the amount of money for the upgrade and I can't even use it. I had issues with pro 10 also then when Sony released all the updates haven't had any problems. So hurry up Sony fix these issues!!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 8, 2012 at 12:30:30 am

For me Paul, Vegas 10 is what i use, and i have no issues
whatsoever with it.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 8, 2012 at 1:46:43 am

[Paul Gilmore] " It will also crash while I am adding color correction or even if I'm scrubing through footage. Just out of the blue crashes."
Paul, I'm not saying that I'm not experiencing random crashes too. I do get crashs for apparently no reason like just starting playback or just clicking somewhere on the timeline. It's very frustrating I know.

If you watched my latest Boris TV Webinar live you'll see that Vegas Pro 11.0 crashed right in the middle of my hour long demo. But that was only once in an entire hour of performing some heavy special FX with both BCC8 OFX plug-in and Boris RED. When I had gone through the rehearsal the night before it didn't crash at all for the entire hour. So it's more stable than it was but there is certainly more stability that should be obtained.

I also have a very old solid computer. I'm still using an original 5 year old Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme (not a Core i7) and an old but reliable Intel BX2 motherboard. I really want to upgrade to a new Core i7 but I've been hesitant to leave this stable machine that I'm using now. I also use an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card. Since most of Vegas Pro is GPU accelerated now, I didn't want to skimp on GPU stability.

~jr

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

August TaconiRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 8, 2012 at 11:17:23 pm

John, I too am still using and old Intel 9550 processor with the quadro 1500 running Vegas 10e. I have no problems. Much of what I do is long form programing, photo montages, and some broadcast spots.
I never crash on renders, and rarely during editing. The only chronic problem is with Pro Titler. When scrolling through the fonts. It often stops an gives and exception error. Now of course, because of all the fuss about V11 stability I have not installed it. Keep the information coming. I'd like to create a new build start using V11. I'll wait for now.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen CryeRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 9, 2012 at 4:09:59 am

Paul, have you tried build 683 yet?

Sorry if I missed your answer to this - does it matter what your target format is on the render ... AVI vs mp4, etc ?

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM, nVidia FX 570, Vegas 10e (and 11) x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 9, 2012 at 7:47:44 am

Yes I have build 683,, that's the only build out right now isnt?

I have had to revert back to pro 10.. this really sucks, I paid almost $300 or whatever it was to upgrade to 11 and now I can't even use it!! Thanks Sony!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 9, 2012 at 1:46:34 pm

And Sony would say to you Paul:
"Thank you for your $300, Have a nice day"

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edwin DuterteRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 11, 2012 at 12:44:52 pm

I have the same problem ever since I upgraded to build 683. When I start render, it goes to 97% then stays there without completing the render. I then have to restart the computer.

This totally sucks! I want to kick someones ass at Sony.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Malcolm MatuskyRe: Crashes when rendering
by on May 11, 2012 at 8:26:48 pm

set your project to 8 bit, made a big difference for me.

M

Malcolm
http://www.malcolmproductions.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]