Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

What happened with AAF and XML

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brian ScottWhat happened with AAF and XML
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 9:51:08 pm

I used to be able to export aaf files into After Effects. I think I read somewhere that it was a 32/64 bit issue. I guess I don't understand how a text file can't be created in a 64 bit app.

I am also not able to use the XML format, although I don't know if this ever worked. After Effects says it can't import the file type.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have relied on this pretty heavily in the past.

Brian Scott
President
Image Design Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: What happened with AAF and XML
by on Apr 23, 2012 at 10:19:53 am

This script allows you to import into Adobe After Effects a Sony Vegas project saved as ā€œEDL Text File.ā€
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20488019/ImportSonyVegasEDL.zip

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian ScottRe: What happened with AAF and XML
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 12:20:31 am

EDLs don't contain nearly the data that an XML does. I would love to be able to fix the XML script, but I don't have an XML file that works to compare it to try to fix the problem, and I'm not that up on the scripting language. I'm also not getting very helpful error messages. I just know that 3 other apps won't read them.

Brian Scott
President
Image Design Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]