Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Nvidia GTX680

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim PrisbyNvidia GTX680
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 4:30:11 pm

I'm looking to purchase an Nvidia (Cuda) graphics card for use with Sony Vegas Pro 11 and wondered if anyone has tried the new GTX680. I know that it is faster for games but how is it for previewing/rendering? I've read where it may not be that much faster for rendering than the GTX580. Since the GTX680 starts at $500 I would rather save money by purchasing the GTX570 or GTX580 if that's true. Also, is the GTX580 worth the extra money over the GTX570?

Thanks for your input.

Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce 8800GTS 320MB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John RofranoRe: Nvidia GTX680
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 6:54:56 pm

[Jim Prisby] "Since the GTX680 starts at $500 I would rather save money by purchasing the GTX570 or GTX580 if that's true."
If you are willing to spend that much you might want to soend a bit more and get an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 card instead of a game card. It may prove to be more stable with professional video applications (unless you need it to play games too).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jim PrisbyRe: Nvidia GTX680
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 8:39:02 pm

Thanks, John, but the NVIDIA Quadro 4000 looks to be about $750-$800+ which is way above my budget. The GTX570 is below $300 at some online stores and I expect it and the GTX580 to drop some more because of the GTX680 release. The GTX680 is really above my budget somewhat and I was hoping to hear that I would be just as well off with the GTX570/580. I don't play games so that doesn't matter. I'm still looking for the comparisons and recommendations.

Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce 8800GTS 320MB RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]