Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY VEGAS:Sony Vegas TutorialsSony Vegas ForumArticlesBasics ForumBlack Magic Design ForumAJA Xena Forum

Deleting unused clips

COW Forums : Sony Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Michal BronecDeleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:16:06 pm

I know I can remove unused clips from the project, but its possible to delete them from the HDD. I only want to keep clips I used in my project and I want to delete rest of the clips.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Aleksey TarasovRe: Deleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:23:04 pm

Sweeper (if you do not want to do it manually)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michal BronecRe: Deleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:32:15 pm

Ooops, I already clicked at "remove unused media from project", so I probably need to delete the rest of it namually...
I found another solustion:
http://www.planetz.com/?p=687

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike KujbidaRe: Deleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:35:28 pm

Using the lightning bolt removes any unused media from your project but keeps it on your hard drive.
If you want to remove from your hard drive, right-click the file in Project Media and choose "remove from project and delete file".
Then it's permanently gone.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michal BronecRe: Deleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:41:52 pm

Yes, but i dont have the unused media in my project already :-) Maybe I try it like this... I save the project to another location and check "copy media with project" and then I will delete all the original files. (I hope that "copy media with project" means copy the original files and not render them or something).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen MannRe: Deleting unused clips
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 7:18:55 pm

If clicking the lightning icon in the Media window doesn't remove some media, then the media is being used somewhere in your project. All media in the Project Media list, used or not, will be copied when you "Save As" with the "Copy Media" option selected.

You can right-click on the media name in the Project Media window, then click on "Select Timeline Events". The selected media is then highlighted on the timeline.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]